Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Poor customer service

Contributor

Poor customer service

On Oct. 26 2018 I decided to upgrade my equipment. Tech came out and installed equipment. Within three days my tv stopped  working. I called directly and the set up for a tech to come out(John). He spent four hours here trying to fix my tv. I then spent time on the phone. The customer service was insuring that she could fix my tv issue. Did not work. Another technician was sent to my home (Anthony) H essential five hours here to try to fix my tv. I was told I would get a call. And the next morning I got a call from supervisor and wanted to see if my tv was working. No not yet. So they sent another technician (Steve) he was here for five hours and had to go get another box off another technicians truck because his first two didn’t work. By this time I had received six boxes in the mail and none of them worked either.  My daughter had to sit after school for 45 mins that day because I had to be here with technician. I was not a happy.. I called again and was told they could fix my TVs. I asked if they could just send me all new equipment and just ack as if I was a new customer. I was told they would send another technician out.. (Tony) and he was here for an hour and told me he could not get my TVs working. I was done.!!!!! I called to cancel my service and the man told me he could fix it and wanted me to stay with directv. I explained my issues and that I just wanted to cancel. He told me because of what I had been thou I would not have to pay an earlier cancellation fee. This was Nov 18.2018. I had no service for three weeks . I have received a bill every month for 175.32. I don’t feel  I should have to pay for anything. I just need to speak to someone that can help me delete my bill completely. 

Sincerely, David. Account # 259#####

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: Poor customer service

What exactly was not working?

What DVR/Receiver model numbers do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Contributor

I got the same problem with DirectTV customer service too..... they said they could fix the problem with my DirectTV but they could not fix.  I was on the phone with  15 customer services including technical supports for 4 hours.  They were so "nice", they hung up and never called back even though they asked my phone number if I got disconnected.  Finally, one of the tech lied to me that after 30 mins later, my accounts will be upgraded and they will be "fine"..... yeah RIGHT....  it is not acceptable.... you could not fix it, just let me know you could not fix it.... don't lie to customer. And one more thing, my service address not updated yet even though the tech came to my new house and activated partial of my receivers (2 out of 4) and security questions I set up online, my security code not upgraded when I talked on the phone with customer service but I did update online by myself 1 week ago. and they did not know who access into my account either, they did not have any record that the tech came to my house to activate 2 receivers.  VERY POOR AWFUL SERVICES AND SECURITY.  here is my directtv account.... [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.].  Give me a call.... if you think you are great customer service and make a customer happy....

Message 3 of 13
Tutor

Same type of issues happened to us as well. Ever since At&t took over nothing but appalling customer service and horrible signal service. Cannot wait until my contract is up I'm ditching them as fast as I can.........................

Message 4 of 13
Tutor

Absolutely horrible signal service. My screen on the TV freezes all the time and pauses for several seconds all the time. AT&T should be ashamed of the horrible quality of service they are putting out. If I paid my bill with this type of service they would cancel me in a heartbeat!!!! Why is it an acceptable practice for AT&T to provide us with TERRIBLE QUALITY signal service and customer service?

We even had a technician to our house to look into the issues and he said it is old out of date equipment and towers utilized by AT&T. His words exactly were if he didn't get discounted service from being an employee eh would NEVER have them.

All of these issues NEVER happened until AT&T took over.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good bye forever AT&T a soon as my contract is up. Your WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 13
Employee

you do realize that its the same equipment and same people as before at&t purchased direct tv? nothings changed internally i think people just want to blame at&t for everything it touches regardless if its the same exact company same employees, same equipment.same business model

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 13
ACE - Expert

@Constructive wrote:

you do realize that its the same equipment and same people as before at&t purchased direct tv? nothings changed internally i think people just want to blame at&t for everything it touches regardless if its the same exact company same employees, same equipment.same business model

Agreed! Why do so many folks think that DirecTV was perfect before AT&T acquired them.  Geez, it's been over three years now!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 13
Employee

@litzdog911  and before others pull the employee card i was laid off in January so i could easily bash at&t but whats right is right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 13
ACE - Expert

@Constructive wrote:

@litzdog911  and before others pull the employee card i was laid off in January so i could easily bash at&t but whats right is right.

Sorry to hear you got laid off.  They should drop your "Employee" signature.

Message 9 of 13
Tutor

Well let's see...We can put this in a common sense perspective....

1. We have been DIRECTV customers since 2006 and RARLEY if EVER had issues
with any of their equipment or customer service. We used to say how good
they were. SHORTLY after AT&T acquired them the poor quality of service and
customer service started.
2. When I called and complained an AT&T employee offered to upgrade my
equipment. With a new two year contract of course. I agreed HOPEFUL our
service would improve. BIG mistake on our part.
3. One month after the so called NEW equipment was installed we had even
worse trouble.
4. An AT&T tech came out and replaced a one month old Genie and said it
might fix our issue. Might I say, I mean really!!!!!!!!!
5. I called back three months later and complained about the POOR quality
of service provided and they sent another tech out. This tech tells me
there is nothing he can do it's the POOR QUALITY of equipment they have to
install now. Tech said he wouldn't want their service either.
6. When I asked the tech when did all this start he said since AT&T took
over was his reply.
7. I was even told the volume of poor service and poor customer support
calls since AT&T took over has increased dramatically.
8. When I called or got on the chat line I received terrible customer
service. All they want to do is SELL me more crap that won't work instead
of fixing the current issues.
9. I was never rude to anyone and I had supervisors from AT&T hang up on me.
10. Contrary to what you say a lot has changed internally and it is for the
worst!
11. Bye, bye AT&T.
Message 10 of 13
Tutor

Too bad you were laid off. Been there know how you feel.

What does that tell you?
The quality of service and care went down so much they lost customers and
their revenues fall off.
Now you and others suffer due to the terrible service they provided.

Still think NOTHING has changed internally?
Message 11 of 13
ACE - Expert

There can't be any internal differences as they are no longer making the HR44/54 Genie and the HS17 Genie2 was already designed and in production when the takeover occurred.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 12 of 13
Tutor

good luck finding someone.It's impossible to find a manager or supervisor or someone who has the skills to help you solve your problem.  

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support