Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Ordering DirecTV Service for my RV

Highlighted
Tutor

Ordering DirecTV Service for my RV

I need direction -- I called the main DirecTV number to inquire about new service for a new motorhome. I spoke with 3 different agents who did not have a clue what I was talking about. It was extremely frustrating. I want to order a Genie, and my new motorhome comes equipped with a brand-new Winegard Trav'ler SWM dish. Winegard tells me that only DirecTV can issue a Genie to me. So how do I get to a human at DirecTV who knows how to set me up properly, including Distant Network Service ? Thanks/jim
Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: Ordering DirecTV Service for my RV

DTV doesn't install in RVs unless they are permanently parked. Provided that the RV is wire for a SWM system then you can lease a Genie and mini(s) from an online dealer.  Winegard or an RV dealer has to do the traveler account/DNS setup.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

Hi. Thanks.

Can I order direct from DirecTV and have them ship me the Genie instead of wanting to schedule an install?

/jim
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

@lagunajim wrote:
Hi. Thanks.

Can I order direct from DirecTV and have them ship me the Genie instead of wanting to schedule an install?

/jim

No.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Tutor

That’s definitive.

Is there a particular dealer you can recommend?
Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

@lagunajim wrote:
That’s definitive.

Is there a particular dealer you can recommend?

I can recommend Solid Signal.  But most RV'er get their equipment through an RV dealer.  

Message 6 of 10
Tutor

I’m familiar with SolidSignal - they’re a DirecTV dealer eh?

Thanks.
Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

@lagunajim wrote:
I’m familiar with SolidSignal - they’re a DirecTV dealer eh?

Thanks.

Yes.  I think they can arrange installers, too.  Give them a call. 

Message 8 of 10
Tutor

I appreciate it. Don’t need an installer. The dish will be installed by the rv manufacturer - I just need an account and someone to ship me a new Genie.

(And maybe a cable and a power-inserter — depending on what comes with the receiver by default)
Message 9 of 10
Tutor

Turns out I can get a free genie after signing up for new service with Winegard, the dish manufacturer. Solid Signal is giving me incorrect information, trying to sell me a receiver for $299.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support