Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NBA League Pass activation

Tutor

NBA League Pass activation

I had NBA League Pass last year and was looking forward to watching again this year. I've recieved my personalized form letter advising me of the 5 payment plan starting on an upcoming bill. The pre-season has already started but so far I'm unable to view or even activate League pass. I view the games on my TV usually while watching highlights on my tablet or computer. So far I'm unable to do either. Can't activate via the NBA.com site as I'm unable to enter my account # after selecting Directv as my provider. Any advice?

Message 1 of 32
Expert

Re: NBA League Pass activation

NBA package is currently out of season. As the season gets closer, it will be available for purchase. For reference, NHL CI became available for purchase one day before the season.

Message 2 of 32
Tutor

You mean it's out of season for DIRECTV customers? I'm looking at the NBA.com site and I see listings for League Pass games for tonight and for the past week. That's what confused me.

Message 3 of 32
Expert

The regular season will begin on Tuesday, October 25, 2016. 

Message 4 of 32
Tutor

You mean it's out of season for DIRECTV customers? I'm looking at the NBA.com site and I see listings for League Pass games for tonight and for the past week. That's what confused me.

Message 5 of 32
Expert

@motorman5 The regular season will begin on Tuesday, October 25, 2016. 

Message 6 of 32
Tutor

I've subscribed to NBA League Pass thru DirecTV for many seasons.  This is the first year that the NBA channels 750-768 haven't been activated at the start of October.  Also, preseason games are usually available on those stations.  I also see that at DirecTV.com/sports/nba you still cannot purchase League Pass--they are "working on it".  Seems like there must be a contractual issue between the NBA and DirecTV stopping the normal processes.  Hope this all resolves itself by October 25th.

Message 7 of 32
Expert

@ps64 For reference, NHL CI became available for purchase one day before the season.

Message 8 of 32
Teacher

Has anyone gotten League Pass via U-verse?  I can't find anyone in AT&T to help me even PAY for the service...I also need to have access on "nba.com" which I am told (by the League Pass people) that I will ONCE AT&T verifies that I have paid them....duh.  Blind leading the blind...

Steve

Message 9 of 32
Teacher

I am just about ready to cancel my ONE week old AT&T U-verse contract and move back to Comcast.  I cannot find ANYONE in AT&T that:

1. Knows what NBA League Pass is

2. Knows how to add the channels to my Guide (although the web site CLEARLY states that channels 2105-2114 will show the NBA League Pass games)

3. Has any clue as how NBA League Pass (via nba.com) links over to a cable provider.

I have spent several hours on the phone to no avail.  Has anyone else figured out how to get this to work?  In the meantime, I signed up for NBA League Pass directly through their site, so at least I can watch the games on the Internet.  But the main purpose of all of this was to be able to watch the games on a BIG SCREEN, which I was able to do with Comcast.  

I now fear that since my email address for all intents and purposes has NOT changed from the Comcast one (for bill paying, personal mail, "classified" document...oop!  Hah) so I will NOW probably be billed TWICE, since the Comcast geniuses AUTOMATICALLY renewed my League Pass connection AFTER I cancelled the service.  

So much for technology....

Message 10 of 32
Contributor

I'm a Direct TV customer with the same problem. And, yes, we have had all the preseason games available for many years. Not sure the problem this year. But some of the people at ATT say there is no deal, as of yet, and others just say preason games are not part of league pass.

Both answers irritate me as a basketball fan! 

I better have NBA on Wednesday or I'm going with Dish Network or Charter.

Message 11 of 32
Contributor

DirecTV & NBA League Pass - No Contract?

I tried to order NBA league pass today and was told it is not available due to contract negotiations between DirecTV and NBA League Pass? How could this happen? Tomorrow is opening night and now even if a negotiation is reached (when. nobody knows) how are we suppose to justify paying the $199.00 when we have missed games? I want to watch these games on my television...not on a computer or mobile device. How could DirecTV be so negligant to let negotiations unattended by opening day of the season?

Very upset NBA fan here, and if you think customers are going to pay $199 after missing games your nuts!

What the heck is going on here?

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 32
Contributor

Re: DirecTV & NBA League Pass - No Contract?

I just want to confirm the same experience for me. I called and they said they don't have a contract for NBA League Pass Yet! Today is opening night! I requested to not be renewed automatically in case I decide to go with the online option. I agree this isn't cool.

Message 13 of 32
Contributor

Re: DirecTV & NBA League Pass - No Contract?

I called this morning and it has been resolved...just in time!!!! I ordered mine today ;-)

peace out,

daddylogan

Message 14 of 32
Contributor

Today is October 25, 2016, Opening Night. Just got off the phone with DirectV, and no NBA League Pass available. Any idea when this will be available...Can't expect us to pay full price for late service.

Message 15 of 32
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support