Explore & discover

Helpful Links

My bill

Highlighted

My bill

1. My direct tv bill went from $32.-$82. Unexpectedly, called 4 different times after being disconnected 4 times & 6 different agents & 1 hour 20 minutes later only recieved a $5 discount🙁 2. I did not recieve my bill (e bill) from direct as usual then discovered I have to retrieve myself, logined in 4 times never could get my statement☹️So dissatisfied & disappointed with DIRECT TV. My husband & I are planning to change services however I need my bill for 2/2019 please forward!Katie L[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 1 of 23
ACE - Master

Re: My bill

sounds like a credit expired

and its not unexpected.  if you ever looked at the bills it says 1/12, 10/12, ect

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 23
ACE - Expert

Bill going from $32 to $82 is absolutely a discount completing, most likely the intro offer as nobody pays that low at normal cost. Even someone on SD only service (grandfathered in 2015) with no DVR, a single TV, and on the Family package would be at $29.99 before tax. And if that is the intro discount for the 1st year, remember the service agreement (per value of equipment installed) is 24 months to keep their service. So you would have an early cancellation fee (ECF) valued at $20 for each month remaining if you close the account.

Discount ending should not be unexpected as clearly listed on bill, such as $30 off for 12, 1 of 12 (and then 2 of 12, 3 of 12, etc.)

If you are on paperless billing then you should get a copy in your email each month. If it is not coming in, check to make sure it is not getting misrouted to your spam/junk folder and that your email on file is correct. Bill comes in at the same time each month. If for some reason you don't get the email correctly, or accidently delete it, then logging into your account to view or print it is normally easy. Don't know why you had to log in 4 times as that is very unusual.

This is a public customer to customer forum so we cannot access your bill. If accessing your account online is having issues, then your alternate option is calling DirecTV 1-800-531-5000.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 23

Although credits expired,as in the past why not renegotiate my charges for a much more pleasing lower amount! You did not send my statement amount for February!
Message 4 of 23

Please renegotiate my current Direct tv amount!
Message 5 of 23
Employee

@102252happy  this isnt at&t nor directv we can not negotiate for you as we are all customers here. directv will not see your post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 23
ACE - Expert

@102252happy wrote:
Although credits expired,as in the past why not renegotiate my charges for a much more pleasing lower amount! You did not send my statement amount for February!

Hey, I think everybody would like lower charges.  Let's ALL renegotiate our charges Smiley Happy

Seriously .... We all got to be new customers once to get those sweet deals.  But you cannot count on those charges forever.  If you feel your costs are now too high you can consider reducing your subscription package.

Message 7 of 23
Tutor

When they do away with the teaser rate, threaten to cancel.  If they won't discount your service, cancel and switch to dish.

Both companies do the same thing.  Both have horrible, horrible customer service.  Both are a rip off. 

I would not have service were it not for the wife, and when I finally had enough and said I was cutting the cord, she said she would pay the bill.

Now, after having to call in again this month to fix our bill (which makes at least 15 calls since September for billing or service issues) she said to cut it off and switch to Dish.

If my bill isn't right next month, I'm cutting it.  Worst company I have EVER dealt with. Current 10 year+ customer.  Had DirecTV back in the late 90's and was actually quite happy with it then.  It went to garbage when AT&T got involved.

Message 8 of 23

Please renegotiate the amount of my direct bill!
Message 9 of 23
ACE - Master

@102252happy wrote:

have you not read the replies?

we are customers like you

you need to call customer service

or just pay the full price

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 10 of 23
ACE - Expert

@102252happy wrote:

Please READ the replies. We are CUSTOMERS as this is a public user to user forum. This is NOT customer service.

You must CALL DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 to discuss your account. Review the channels you watch, maybe they are in a lower costing package now.

Certainly ASK about discounts, but do not expect them. Discounts are a temporary perk, not a guaranteed bonus. There is no "renegotiation" as you don't get an ongoing price. If you are lucky you may get a 12 month discount (or possibly a 24 month if your account qualified). And as mentioned before, you will not be notified when it ends. This is because it will be listed on every monthly bill as it counts down. If for any reason you don't see a bill, or get rid of it, you can log into your account at www.directv.com to view your bill history, or www.att.com if moved into the new system.

So hopefully there is a new discount for you. If not, be prepared to reduce your services to be within budget as there is no requirement that they give you a new discount. TV is a luxury entertainment service, not a requirement for life. You want it, you pay for it.

Message 11 of 23
ACE - Expert

@jeepwm69 wrote:

When they do away with the teaser rate, threaten to cancel.  If they won't discount your service, cancel and switch to dish.

Both companies do the same thing.  Both have horrible, horrible customer service.  Both are a rip off. 

I would not have service were it not for the wife, and when I finally had enough and said I was cutting the cord, she said she would pay the bill.

Now, after having to call in again this month to fix our bill (which makes at least 15 calls since September for billing or service issues) she said to cut it off and switch to Dish.

If my bill isn't right next month, I'm cutting it.  Worst company I have EVER dealt with. Current 10 year+ customer.  Had DirecTV back in the late 90's and was actually quite happy with it then.  It went to garbage when AT&T got involved.

Some folks are more than happy to play the "lets switch providers every two years" game Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 23
Contributor

ATT failed to honor my 2-year Direct TV contract when they increased my bill.  

Message 13 of 23
ACE - Master

your contract states the cost is subject to change

you may want to read it

Message 14 of 23
ACE - Expert

@DirecTVRIP wrote:

ATT failed to honor my 2-year Direct TV contract when they increased my bill.  

No, they didn't. 

Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn to manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T. View help managing DIRECTV in myAT&T!
Additional Support