Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Local channels

Highlighted
Contributor

Local channels

Why do we need to keep having changing our local channels, we are living in a RV and moving around, so we are in and out of different locals. All we want is to receive the networks, ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX AND CW, we don’t care what city they are from, just want to get them all the time no matter where we are. We are mostly in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona and next year we will be traveling in Utah. Can we not do something to keep the networks?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎04-28-2019 9:53 AM

Re: Local channels

You need the RV Travelers Package. Then you'll get the nationwide network channels. 

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P6730097

Also, note that if you still have older standard definition (SD) equipment, you must swap that equipment for newer HD (MPEG4) capable dish and receivers. SD/MPEG2 transmissions started to be discontinued this month.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

We have the same problem with our motorhome. Back home in ND notified ATT and they can’t seem to get our address right so NO local channels for the last month! Spent 12 hours on the phone with them.

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

It’s hard to get someone that knows what they are doing. I change all the time, as recent as 1 week.

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

AT&T has decided that they will no long change the service address without a move order so you need a Travelers account or except no locals when outside of your local spot beam unless you use an OTA antenna connected to the OTA tuner on the TV, that is why there are fewer CSR that do it

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Tutor

Thank you for your info, I do change my service address each time I move my RV. Hopefully I won’t have any problems in the future.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

@jasper53 wrote:
Thank you for your info, I do change my service address each time I move my RV. Hopefully I won’t have any problems in the future.

You've been lucky. More and more RV'ers are reporting that DirecTV will no longer to it because their new billing system forces a "move", and that costs $199. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 7 of 8
Tutor

Yes, they tried that last week on me, after 2 hrs with people that didn’t know what they were doing. Hung up called back and in 10 min I had my channels and they gave me 20.00 off my bill each mo for a year for the misunderstanding.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn more about your DIRECTV account. View DIRECTV Account Help!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support