Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Late Payment

Contributor

Late Payment

I received my Directv bill in the mail on January 3rd, sent payment in the mail January 4th payment due January 8th. I am getting a late fee for using the US mail for payment purposes. I do not do any payments over the internet so I get penalized for using a check by mail. I would say the problem lies in getting my bill to me sooner. I have been with Directv for years and never have had any problems with payment issues. I take Great pride in paying my bills the day after receiving them so can not put up with this problem much longer. I truly would hate to leave Directv as I have always been happy with the service but late fees and e-mail notices are getting the best of me!!

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Late Payment

This is a customer to customer forum with no access to any accounts, you need to call/chat with DTV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Late Payment

@Hazelnut wrote:

I received my Directv bill in the mail on January 3rd, sent payment in the mail January 4th payment due January 8th. I am getting a late fee for using the US mail for payment purposes. I do not do any payments over the internet so I get penalized for using a check by mail. I would say the problem lies in getting my bill to me sooner. I have been with Directv for years and never have had any problems with payment issues. I take Great pride in paying my bills the day after receiving them so can not put up with this problem much longer. I truly would hate to leave Directv as I have always been happy with the service but late fees and e-mail notices are getting the best of me!!

Receiving bill on the 3rd, but listed due date on the 8th means your mail is not getting to you in a timely manner. (Bill produces day 2 of your service month, listed due date is day 20) That is not DirecTV's fault but an issue with mail if it is taking 2 weeks to get to you.

Relying on the postal service for paying any service you are always risking how long it takes, no matter the company. Paying this method instead of online (which posts same day) is your choice and you do so knowing the time risk. Bill comes out and is due the same time each month.

If you trust the postal service more than paying online, then you have an alternative. You can access your bill online while the physical one is in the mail (even print a copy if you prefer), or even call to find out the balance over the phone, and then mail to the payment location for your address. Your bill produces the 2nd day of your cycle, online copy of bill usually shows within 24-48hrs of bill producing, so you can get the information well before the one comes in the mail. So you have options to find out the amount of the bill and pay it on time, even not paying online as you prefer.

https://support.directv.com/billing/1631

If you would like to mail in your payment and do not have a remittance envelope, use the address that corresponds with the first number of your ZIP code:

• If your ZIP code begins with: 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, 8
    DIRECTV
    P.O. Box 5007
    Carol Stream, IL 60197-5007
  • If your ZIP code begins with: 2, 3, 7, 9
    DIRECTV
    P.O. Box 105261
    Atlanta, GA 30348-5261

Don’t forget  to include your account number on your payment.

Note: Payments are processed the same day they are received. Please allow 3-5 business days for regular mail delivery or 2-3 business days for priority mail.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
help managing DIRECTV in myAT&T View help managing DIRECTV in myAT&T!
Additional Support