Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is $8.99 Protection Plan charge per TV?

Contributor

Is $8.99 Protection Plan charge per TV?

Is the Basic Protection Plan $8.99 per household or $8.99 per TV? I have two TV's and am being charged twice. Is that correct?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor

Re: Is $8.99 Protection Plan charge per TV?

It's per account 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Professor

Just to clarify it doesn't cover the actual tvs just the receivers, remotes, cabling, service calls and  shipping for replacements. 24 hour tech support.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Scholar)
Accepted by Tour_Guy_Bob
‎08-12-2018 9:16 AM

The optional equipment protection plan ($8.99) covers the account. Without it service calls are $99, delivery of replacement boxes $19.95, remotes $15. It does not cover the TV sets themselves as that would be Protection Plan Premier which is about $19.95 monthly (not recommended if TV sets are still under warranty or another protection plan).

If you see the charge listed twice, check the dates of it in case it is showing for different months. If the dates overlap then that is an error and you will need to call Directv.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I am trying to contact someone about my DirecTV account [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

that has Premier technical support. Actually called protection plan premier. This is my third day trying and I keep getting sentence circles. Could you provide a direct phone number for someone that can help me. Thank you Jim lanphere

Message 5 of 8
Former Employee

1800.531.5000 - if a CSR needs to transfer you request a "WARM TRANSFER".

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

@ducati1

If you need help from DirecTV you call them 1-800-531-5000.

Please do not post personal information, like your account number here, as this is a public customer to customer forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I was lied to about the protection plan.  I chatted with a rep to add the protection plan and was told that the 8.99 was the one that added protection to all devices.  Unfortunately, I needed to file a claim but was denied because I had the wrong plan.  Even though I had the chat transcript that said that they still denied my claim.  Make sure you are paying for what you are being charged.  I guess it's our responsibility to make sure they are selling what they are selling.  

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support