Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Insurance Protection

Insurance Protection

Does anyone pay for this? Is it worth it?

Message 1 of 5
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JohnnyDoe
‎01-14-2017 11:46 PM

Re: Insurance Protection

yup very much worth it pls check this link

http://www.directv.com/technology/protection_plan

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5

@maxmaxmax - thanks! Covers a LOT more than I thought!

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JohnnyDoe
‎01-14-2017 11:46 PM

@JohnnyDoe

For some it is worth it. A few things to keep in mind:

Directv will troubleshoot the issue (over the phone or online chat) for free as that is part of customer service.

Without the protection plan, delivery of a replacement receiver/client is $19.95, sending a tech out on a service call is $49.95, and replacement remotes are $15 each.

Service calls have a 90 day worry free guarantee.

The 2 year upgrade does not mean specifically newer model number, but more capability. As in SD to HD, non-DVR to DVR, non-Genie setup to Genie, Mini Genie Client to HDDVR, or adding another TV connection.

The 2nd level Protection Plan Premier (or 3rd if with Accidental Damage Handling) can be desireable for your non-Directv devices. Just make sure it is covered on the list they show, you have to register what devices you have once you get the protection, and that you don't have any current warenty or extended protection allready on that equipment so you aren't paying for two different services to cover the same thing.

For me personally, my non Directv equipment has its own coverage and in over 14 years with one move, the amount of upgrades I needed and only 1 warenty replacement (though I may be comming up on a 2nd as either a fan or harddrive is starting to grind in my oldest HDDVR), so it was cheaper without the protection plan. But your household needs may be different so consider if it was you need or not. And before I forget, the Protection Plan has to stay on the account for at least 1 year, and the first 30 days from adding it are a no charge/no claim period.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5

@Juniper Great information! Thank you! 

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support