Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I need to switch the credit cards on file...

Contributor

I need to switch the credit cards on file...

I want to switch the debit card that Direct TV is currently using for the Auto Bill pay to a different debit card, but I dont know if updating the new debit card information right after a payment just came out on the current debit card on file, will cause it to bill the new debit card immediately. Will updating the information online, right after they debited the bill amount for this month, cause any confusion? Or should I just wait until the end of the month to update the new credit card information onto Auto Bill payment? Direct TV has already debited the payment for January,  on the 13th. I know it says that updating the new card information will cause the date to change for Auto Bill Pay. Please let me know if I can go ahead and update my new debit card information onto the site and if doing so right after a payment will cause the system to debit the new card as well. I do not want them to debit the new card until next month, when the next payment is due....

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: I need to switch the credit cards on file...

I think your best bet is to call DirecTV and speak with someone in person rather than risking this online.  1-800-DIRECTV

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support