Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

I decided to choose Directv and at&t services for cable, Internet and phone. March 4th is when they came to install satellite services.March 7th is when I paid a $100 for them to give me an installation date for Internet and phone services. They gave me March 27,2018 as installation date.  (During this time I called to expedite my services but they couldn't give an earlier date)  March 27 came and no one appeared to install services.  I called throughout the day asking if there was an issue.  They said the order are behind and they would get to me before the day is over. By nightfall no one appeared and I spoke to someone who said  someone will come the next day March 28, 2018. Next day around 11:15 someone appears but they aren't hear to install Internet and phone services,  but about satellite. While he was here I called and let them know the guy said he doesn't install Internet and phone services. They talked around for about 30 minutes and finally told me someone will be here between 1-3. After a couple of hours I checked status under my account and saw that the services says it was closed. I called and explained everything about 5 times until someone said I'd have to open another account and start services over and the next available date for install was April 11, 2018. They would give a better times so I told them I don't want any of the services and a refund. They then told me for me to disconnect Directv I would have to pay for early disconnect fee. Why do I have to do this if they breached their contract and never provided the services when promised? 

Message 1 of 110
Contributor

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services?

We have been a DTV customer for years. I find it confusing customers who pay on time every month have to do the disconnect service at the end of their agreed term and wait for the loyalty department to call.  Again this year we had to disconnect and wait for the call. Last year the freebies and negotiated price made it easy to stay with DTV. This year was nothing like last year the attitude seemed like they could careless if we did not come back. Eventually we came to the agreement we would keep the channel package we had at the price we had. This was agreeable with save $#### for 12 months  and save $#### for 12 months. The first bill for the new 12 month term was correct and showed the two save $#### for 12 months discounts 1 of 12. I also had a credit balance of over $100 because the full price had been changed to my auto pay. This credit balance gave me over two months that I would not need to worry about the bill. Next billing cycle I am charged full price. My credits for 12 months in the what's changed section were gone stated they ended at the end of the month. I am charged on my auto pay the balance of the billed amount. I called to have my account corrected. It's not rocket science I asked the rep to look at when my save for 12 months credits started and please apply them to my account. This took 6 phone calls, on the phone for hours and each rep wanted to argue with me saying the credits ended or how DTV bills a month in advance. What does bills a month in advance have to do with my remaining 11 months save credits? Better yet one rep says I can give you a partial refund. I said No you can adjust my account to the terms we agreed to last month. She said she could not do that so I asked for the disconnect department. Gee Amazon how fast I was transferred to someone I could understand and who after I said Focus look at the what changed box on the month before and on the current statement. What's missing? Oh your save credits were not on the account. He fixed it I hope. I am ready for next months bill being incorrect as it seems the new norm. I think I will save my money and get an antenna and just give up in DTV. It should not take up so much if my time and aggravate me. It looked simple to me. My credit are not on my account add them and correct the account balance. Like I said not rocket Science

Message 106 of 110

That's part of the scam, you have no idea what you are in for!!!!!! Ha,ha!!! Good luck

Message 107 of 110
Contributor

We received our direct TV "upgrade" 6 months ago and still do not get our local channels. My husband called our contact and his boss said they were still waiting on a part. Since then 2 other local stations have been cancelled. One of our remotes no longer works and the tech person was unable to connect the new one. What''s going on? We are very unhappy since at&t bought it. 

Message 108 of 110
Contributor

OMG if I could cancel my direct tv account early without and early termination fees which are so high, I would, but unfortunately according to them it’s not possible, and I see many complaints regarding the same reason, and don’t see any type of feedback in return, does anyone know of a certain number to call and complain besides the only number listed? 

I’m so disappointed right now that I want to place a zero stars because of it all, thank you

Message 109 of 110
Contributor

I switched to Directv/AT&T in  Feb 2019 from Comcast and was "offered" a $200 gift card. When I moved  in July 2019 I switched service because Directv did not offer internet service at my new address. From March 2019 through June 2019 I called requesting my gift card to no avail. In August of 2019 I get card and its inactive. They claim they deactivated the card since I am no longer a customer. I was switched to several ill informed representatives from several departments(Rewards rep and supv as well as customer service) that kept repeating information I had already given and offering no resolution. I was Deceived and they Lied to me. DO NOT SWITCH your service for any incentives because you will not get them! 

Message 110 of 110
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support