Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

I decided to choose Directv and at&t services for cable, Internet and phone. March 4th is when they came to install satellite services.March 7th is when I paid a $100 for them to give me an installation date for Internet and phone services. They gave me March 27,2018 as installation date.  (During this time I called to expedite my services but they couldn't give an earlier date)  March 27 came and no one appeared to install services.  I called throughout the day asking if there was an issue.  They said the order are behind and they would get to me before the day is over. By nightfall no one appeared and I spoke to someone who said  someone will come the next day March 28, 2018. Next day around 11:15 someone appears but they aren't hear to install Internet and phone services,  but about satellite. While he was here I called and let them know the guy said he doesn't install Internet and phone services. They talked around for about 30 minutes and finally told me someone will be here between 1-3. After a couple of hours I checked status under my account and saw that the services says it was closed. I called and explained everything about 5 times until someone said I'd have to open another account and start services over and the next available date for install was April 11, 2018. They would give a better times so I told them I don't want any of the services and a refund. They then told me for me to disconnect Directv I would have to pay for early disconnect fee. Why do I have to do this if they breached their contract and never provided the services when promised? 

Message 1 of 126
Teacher

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services?

File a complaint with the federal government against them for unfair business practice, visit  ftc.gov/complaint   click on the FTC Complaint Assistant icon, and answer the questions.

Also file a complaint against them with your own states attorney general, state consumer protection offices | USAGov

Go to    https://www.usa.gov/state-consumer    and find your state's consumer protection office.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 91 of 126
Contributor

I continually get different answers and different amounts when I call.

Wasnt told there was an access fee.  Plans are deceiving.

Costs are incredibly high.

Looking for another provider.

Message 92 of 126
Tutor

Signed up Feb.2018,2 year contract.Suppose to get 1 year at $40.00/month,2nd year at $74.00/month a $200.00 debit card ,free extra channels for the first 3 months,free DVR,free installation.Did get the DVR,Free  installation,debit card showed up as promised.Used debit card twice then wouldn't work,they put a 6 month expiration date on a two year contract.Lost money on the card,will not re-issue new card because I called after my 35 day limit after it expired. Did not get the 3 months of extra channels,called and they did nothing about it.Second year bill went to $81.00 not 74,called and after two hang ups 1 1/2 hrs of hold time it went to $71.00/month.They changed their font size made it hard to read,called them 3 times,they told me to get a bigger TV.Now we are losing 22 channels included in my original contract and price will remain the same! Direct TV and AT&T are a rip off. I have had AT&T cell for 6 years,STAY AWAY FROM AT&T!!!!!!

Message 93 of 126
Contributor

I’ve been dealing with them on a monthly bases for a year now.  They double sometimes triple charge me based on our contract every single month.  They even double charged me on initial deposit that I still don’t have back.  They’ve cost me over $100 in overdraft fees this past year when I had auto draft.  Nobody listens.  I think they’ve been programmed not to listen!  I’ve submitted a complaint letter to AT&T Headquarters, AT&T Inc., 175 E. Houston St., San Antonio, TX 78205. Also submit a complaint letter to the wireless division at AT&T Mobility, 5565 Glenridge Connector, Atlanta, GA 30342; send a copy to its fax at (866) 783-9099.

Message 94 of 126
ACE - Expert

What 22 channels?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 95 of 126
Scholar

Thank you for the links to file complaints.

Message 96 of 126
Contributor

I am having same issue. Being charged early termination fee even though I canceled dtv less than 24 hrs from installation.  I have made numerous calls and transferred to different departments and left hanging on hold repeated times when I ask for manager.  I was finally told over 1 week ago they would make adjustment to account but still no resolution.  I want to file a formal complaint. DTV is the WORSE!!!!

Message 97 of 126
Contributor

I am extremely disappointed and unsatisfied with AT%T. I have been with AT&T for little over two years now, and have been issues with them since day one. To start, when I purchased my two lines and phones from AT&T I told my sales associate that I am active duty military and I was at that time living overseas. Before I agreed to purchase the phones and plans, I asked the associate will I be able to have my phone unlocked to use over seas. they said yes and directed me to an AT&T website to upload my military orders, ID card etc. I did just so, and got no results I went weeks not being able to use my phone AT&T refused to unlock my phone. after many attempts and searching for someone who could help with my issue someone from AT&T finally called me with an answer of how to get my phone unlocked but I had to pay for an active line that I was not using and also a my German phone line. Now present time I came back to the U.S. after AT&T has all my military information I did not know this entire time I was not receiving my military discount on my phone lines. So since February I have been trying via phone and in the store to get my discount applied to my account. The phone method tells me I needed to go to the store, and the store told me I needed to call the phone line. it is now April and a AT&T store in a different state than I live in finally was able to apply my military discount. After years I been paying for a phone I could not use and now to come back and find out I haven't been receiving the discounts I was promised in the beginning is very upsetting. Now my current issue, my this months bill is extremely high, I have now made 4 attempts to contact AT&T to get an understanding on where the extra charges came from. and all four times where unsuccessful. The first call I spent 1 hour and 50 mins on the phone with an agent and she said her self she could not see where the over charges was coming from and after a hour and a 40 mins said she was going to send me over to the AT&T Loyalty program department. I spent bout 10 mins before I was able to speak to an agent. When I did get one, I explained my situation and he said give him a second to look into it and he would be right back. while waiting its like he hung the phone up on me. the call just ended. the previous agent was very nice and gave me what I thought was her direct number to call if I needed any more assistance, so I called her back. she didn't answer but another agent did so again I explained the situation and asked her to forward me back to the loyalty department again. then I waited on hold for an agent for 20 mins until again this time waiting for an agent to come to the line, the phone hung up. that was last week, Now Monday 22April19 I called AT&T again still trying to get answers of why my bill is so high. the agent kept talking in circles explaining charges to me I have never heard of before and said that I have not been receiving credit for my buy one get one free phone promotion that I initially signed up with and for even though prior to this situation, I was always told that, that discount was on my account. this agent just like the one before her said she had to send me over to the AT&T loyalty department to better help me with this issue but before she does she would give me a credit on my account to help. which I greatly appreciated but shows obviously there is some charges on my account that does not make any sense and that no one can explain to me why. now while trying to speaking to a loyalty member again I get the same response after I explain my story. he says please hold while he looks more into my issues and he would be right back. and again the phone hangs up. I am completely fed up with AT&T I would like some answers on why my bill is so high please, and also how much I have to pay to LEAVE AT&T. I do not want to have any outstanding balance with AT&T but do not and can not continue service with a company that has such poor customer service. especially as much as AT&T charges for there services. I would have never expected this type of service from such a well respected major named company. Hopefully this forum can help me get some assistance with filing a complaint, getting someone to assist me understand my bill and overall LEAVING AT&T!

Message 98 of 126

Me too.  They canceled on me six times (without calling)  

Message 99 of 126

Please tell me how you got this resolved.  I have been dealing with the same issue for several months and cannot get anyone that can help.  I have been on the phone for hundreds of hours with no luck.

Message 100 of 126
Teacher

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at

I cancelled. That seems like the only way to resolve it.
Message 101 of 126
Tutor

How do I get in touch with the higher ups?  I have spoken with the Chat Agent, another chat agent, chat agent's supervisor and chat agent supervisor's manager (supposedly).  I need someone who has authority to fix an issue the Chat Agent created.

Message 102 of 126
ACE - Expert

@kim21620 wrote:

How do I get in touch with the higher ups?  I have spoken with the Chat Agent, another chat agent, chat agent's supervisor and chat agent supervisor's manager (supposedly).  I need someone who has authority to fix an issue the Chat Agent created.

Read the previous posts in this thread. 

There's no direct way to reach the "higher ups". 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 103 of 126
Tutor

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at

No worries, I filed a Complaint with the FCC.
Message 104 of 126
Contributor

Same exact thing just happened to me I have 3 different people from direct TV that told me they would cancel the service for me because I couldn't get internet where I live....but because I'm cancelling it they want to charge me a early termination fee even though I can't use the services I paid for and one of the people promised that I would not get charged the fee if I chose to cancel but lied .... here are the names and employee I.D numbers ....1. Alex #*****- not even in country...2. Aiyoki #***** - Vegas.....3. George # [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] - Vegas ( asked to speak with him they said they can't transfer me to him nor can they tell me how to get back to him ...he is the only one that tried to help me and I cannot speak with him again ) thanks Direct T.V. for proving to me that you are what everyone says crappyy

y service with a lie on the side .... I will deter anyone I know from ever getting this service and make sure they know what they are really signing up for !

Yes

Message 105 of 126
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support