Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

I decided to choose Directv and at&t services for cable, Internet and phone. March 4th is when they came to install satellite services.March 7th is when I paid a $100 for them to give me an installation date for Internet and phone services. They gave me March 27,2018 as installation date.  (During this time I called to expedite my services but they couldn't give an earlier date)  March 27 came and no one appeared to install services.  I called throughout the day asking if there was an issue.  They said the order are behind and they would get to me before the day is over. By nightfall no one appeared and I spoke to someone who said  someone will come the next day March 28, 2018. Next day around 11:15 someone appears but they aren't hear to install Internet and phone services,  but about satellite. While he was here I called and let them know the guy said he doesn't install Internet and phone services. They talked around for about 30 minutes and finally told me someone will be here between 1-3. After a couple of hours I checked status under my account and saw that the services says it was closed. I called and explained everything about 5 times until someone said I'd have to open another account and start services over and the next available date for install was April 11, 2018. They would give a better times so I told them I don't want any of the services and a refund. They then told me for me to disconnect Directv I would have to pay for early disconnect fee. Why do I have to do this if they breached their contract and never provided the services when promised? 

Message 1 of 104
Tutor

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services?

Like others here, problems getting DirecTV installed. Had DirecTV & after contract expired switched to another provider w/better deal. At&T contacted me to switch back w/incentives and I accepted offer. Have spent more than 8 hours total time on phone trying to get help over 3 days...4 hrs today. Install appt was set up & confirmed for Aug 28 12-4 pm. Started calling around 3:45 & seems like I talked to most of the citizens n the Philippines....4 rounds of calling, getting transferred numerous times, on hold, then disconnected. Late as 5:30 said would still show up but didn’t. Promised we would be 1st appt on Fri Aug 31 tho appt scheduled for 8-noon. Started calling again at noon as no show on install..called 1-800-531-5000 Cust Svc numerous times again to others in Philippines & USA. First call I talked to Keya who tranferred me to Kat who found just who I needed to talk to —Michael—once connected to Michael I was immediately disconnected (thru much hold times). Second call I talked to John who said I need to talk to Robin who promised to transfer me to right person and again once transfer completed...disconnected again. Third call back I talked to Jeff who assured me he was transferring me to right person and I was sent to a busy signal.... again all these calls long holding times, account couldn’t be found in system because it’s an RC1 account and not all their systems can handle it. Fourth call, talked to Zion who was somewhat helpful...gave me a sight to check “where’s my tech” which showed order in, received, pending then cancelled 4 times, with still open install in system, numerous cust Svc agents said they could not find order and later said it is a RC1 & they r combining system and can’t see all orders. Now at 4:50 pm and headed on next call try to 1-800-531-5000 to Mexico City to speak with Luis who tranferred me to Marie who truly sounds frustrated & that she is trying to help. You have to realize lI’ve been told over last 3 days a tech installer would call me in next 30 mins at least 3 times...calls that never came...so no wonder after Marie spent much time trying to help and calling dispatch while I’m on hold...my husband fell out laughing when she returned to my call & said a tech would call me in the next 30 mins. When she heard him laughing she promised she would call me back herself to check. Surprise !!!... the tech never called. However kudos to Marie she did call me back. She got back in system to try to set up another installl date. Then she told me the system would not allow any new installs dates/times. Now she promised to call me on Sat, tomorrow. What the heck is going on with AT&T???? I used to work for a AT&T/bell operating company...seems all has gone to heck. On all my calls I even promised to tell any installer we would pay them “$100 extra in cash” if they’d just come and install our service. The satellite dish is still on the house from 6 wks ago after our disconnect....how long & complicated a job can it be. If anybody at AT&T cares about their customers, please help me. Mother-in-law died few weeks ago, husband had major life threatening surgery & n hospital 10 days, I’m disabled and trying to take care of all this myself. Please someone take our money and install our DirecTV before I totally give up. 

Message 16 of 104
Tutor

Just got an update from AT&T informing me the installer will be here between 8 am & noon on Aug 31 and sent copies of my service agreement.  Only problem .... it’s.now 8:53 PM Aug 31. Same notice today  for 3rd time!!!

Message 17 of 104
Tutor

Now AT&T at 5 am Sat, Sept 1 sends me another copy of my service agreement for the fourth time. Also sent my first bill showing services & cost starting on August 28...the originally scheduled install date...which never happened after we waited at home for 7 hrs.  They did not show up on next install commitment day of Aug 31 either while we waited 8 am to 5:30 pm. Looking forward to Marie’s promised call today but don’t expect much progress as a result in this nitemare!!!

Message 18 of 104
Tutor

Just a thought... has AT&T stock dropped/still dropping because of horrible customer service??? How long can a company thrive/survive under these conditions?

Message 19 of 104
ACE - Expert

@Wavemoves wrote:

Just a thought... has AT&T stock dropped/still dropping because of horrible customer service??? How long can a company thrive/survive under these conditions?

Actually, AT&T stock hasn't done much of anything over the past five years.  They enjoyed a slight bump when they purchased DirecTV, but it's never varied much outside of the $30-$35 range ....

ATTStockPrice.JPG

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 104
Tutor

Update.... more unproductive time with customer service...well unfortunately Marie never called as promised. I called the Customer Service (should be more accurately named Customer Non-Service) number 1-899-531-5000 again on Saturday morning about 11:45 am and of course got Jennifer in the Philippines who transferred me to a male named Frances who tried to help me while on hold for an hour as he contacted the Sales Dept, then the Field Service Dispatch Request group to handle this case & call me back, which they told him to tell me they would contact me within 30 mins—-seems the standard line just to get u off the phone as this is the 6th time now I’ve been promised a call in 30 mins—of course no one ever called and it’s now Sun, Sept 2 at 9 am. Frances suggesting waiting the full 72 hrs they’re allowed to get back with me which ended last nite. The next suggestion was to just cancel my order and start over but there’d be no promises of getting what my original order offers made to come back to AT&T. How many customers is AT&T losing simply from frustrated customers? Actually considering forgetting the whole nitemare and do like many others are and consider Roku etc options. 

Message 21 of 104
Contributor

I am currently going through same thing ...I was scheduled for install on Friday tech came out while I was cutting tree in my backyard so I can get a good signal .tech told me where else to cut and said he will be back Saturday.....no call no email stating reschedule nothing called at&t numerous times with no help till I decide to cancel order,then then gave me a i new I date of today which still no call no show from tech....I must have talked to 6 different agents and they all have different info on what's going on .....finally said forget it again cancel my order then she tells I can't cause that department is closed today SMH.

Message 22 of 104
Tutor

Same thing here i have had 4 appointments  8-13-18 no show  8-14-18  tech called he did not have the equipment available to install   9-5-18 no show again  9-6-18 another no show  each no show nobody called me  when i called them att said appointment was cancelled  !!!!!!! so another appointment for 9-14-18 made  will this ever end !!!!!!!!!!!  Yes it will Dish network is on there way  my first appointment was made 7-27-18 !!!!!  6 wks !!!!

Message 23 of 104
Tutor

fellows.... that is how we ended up coming to DISH  in the first place. DirecTV got too expensive, our contract ran out and DISH offered much better deal AND not only “SAID” they could do an install quickly...wanted to do it the next day, but 2 days later was better date for us so scheduled the  install for 2 days later....AND they actually showed up on time, called us 30 mins before they arrived and COMPLETED the work very timely. The longer we use DISH the more we r getting use to it. Not sure we will keep begging AT&T to do an install...incentives or not.... to come back. Our experience with AT&T DirecTV has showed absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE exist there right now. 

formus

Message 24 of 104

AT&T is ripping me off too! They locked my paid off phone which I bought at Costco. My husband's account was hacked by an apparent insider and stole three Iphone X 256G phones in Ohio Best Buy, he contacted Fraud Department and got a memo dated 6/26/18 that he was not responsible for the charges but they still have a balance due and a "pending" credit, in the meantime, he switched to SPRINT ($25/month) and I am not able to unlock my phone for his fraud charges. This is wrong and outright theft. I paid off my phone $30/month for years and its finally paid off and they still want to control it!? 

Message 25 of 104
Former Employee

@FRANCINENEW

$30 a month isn't just your phone costs. it's the plan cost too. Lets just say out of that $30 only $5 goes to paying the phone off and the $25 goes towards your plan usage.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 26 of 104

Contact the FCC

Message 27 of 104
Former Employee

Not much the FCC can do if you are slowly paying a phone off.  lets just look at things for a second. If it was the Iphone X 256G. that outright costs $1149. Now lets just say that all $30 a month goes to paying that phone off. 1149 / 30 = 38.3 now take that 38.3 / 12 = 3.19 yrs to pay it off. 

But not lets say that $30 a month the customer was paying was part for the phone and part for the monthly bill. That 3.19 yrs could now blow out of the water in how long it will take.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 28 of 104
Contributor

I am done with direct tv! Every, EVERY show and/or recording Feezes up. Every single one! I have tried talking to them on several occasions but since the account was set up by my husband it can take up to 30/40 mins just to get to the point of the call, if even at all. I have had to reset, which by the way cuts you off from them and they know it, so you have to start all over again. I asked several times for some kind of manual to learn things, there is nothing. You need to call them. Then they just made some changes with no warning AND NO INSTRUCTIONS, so you have to call them. But they will only talk to my husband. So when things mess up, and he is out of town, I get no customer service unless I bother him out of town and we have to play a game of me, him, them and the two talk to me like I am so stupid because they can not see what I do. Oh an as I am writing this. The recording has frozen for a second time 😡.  We are paying our good money for a product that does not work and we are stuck in a contract

Message 29 of 104
Contributor

AT&T continues to call our home and obviously a non english speaking person on the other end who you can not understand. I have told them each time they call that we have AT&T and to stop calling and if I want to change services etc I will do it on my own. If I want to switch to Direct I will but we have no desire to do so.  The phone # that keeps calling me is 1-800-288-2020

Message 30 of 104
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support