Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

I decided to choose Directv and at&t services for cable, Internet and phone. March 4th is when they came to install satellite services.March 7th is when I paid a $100 for them to give me an installation date for Internet and phone services. They gave me March 27,2018 as installation date.  (During this time I called to expedite my services but they couldn't give an earlier date)  March 27 came and no one appeared to install services.  I called throughout the day asking if there was an issue.  They said the order are behind and they would get to me before the day is over. By nightfall no one appeared and I spoke to someone who said  someone will come the next day March 28, 2018. Next day around 11:15 someone appears but they aren't hear to install Internet and phone services,  but about satellite. While he was here I called and let them know the guy said he doesn't install Internet and phone services. They talked around for about 30 minutes and finally told me someone will be here between 1-3. After a couple of hours I checked status under my account and saw that the services says it was closed. I called and explained everything about 5 times until someone said I'd have to open another account and start services over and the next available date for install was April 11, 2018. They would give a better times so I told them I don't want any of the services and a refund. They then told me for me to disconnect Directv I would have to pay for early disconnect fee. Why do I have to do this if they breached their contract and never provided the services when promised? 

Message 1 of 128
Former Employee

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at

@Anasolano

On the bright side you are NOT being charged for a service you don't have because there is no service until equipment has been installed. Unfortunately yes there is an equipment shortage, if waiting for the equipment is too long, go to the email conformation email you would have received, in that is a number to call to cancel the installation. Then go elsewhere. If you are wanting Directv tho and it extraordinary programming, I suggest you just wait a bit.   the last hurricane the USA suffered in NC/SC took out one of the DTV warehouses bringing a supply demand.  As there is now a new hurricane threatening Florida with the direction uncertain it may just have a larger impact again on the supply chain.  

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020
Message 46 of 128
Contributor

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services?

My phone number was on someone else account I made a payment on October 3nd of 125.00 my services was disconnected on October 10th for nonpayment when I called I was given the run around and still no payment went on my account I was told to check my bank I’m very dissatisfied with customer service and I was scanned out of 125.00 management haven’t contact me. My bank states it was taken off by direct tv but no one has turned on my services

Message 47 of 128

Thank you all for your help.  I completed the dispute form here:  https://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/Wireless/1239368042948.Notice_of_Dispute_Form.pdf.  While someone called me immediately from "The Office of the President," it was too late.  I switched to Spectrum. For those who want to stay with AT&T, fill out the form, someone will contact you.  Truly disappointed in AT&T and feel badly for many of us who endured horrendous customer service.  

Message 48 of 128
Former Employee

thanks @catherinegarc for posting that form address. I do apologize again fro the bad service you received prior to leaving. We are weening out those bad eggs who are in a customer service positions but don't actually do as their job demands. That is serve the customer.

I personally feel bad every time i speak to a customer and they leave like I was unable to help them out. I pride myself in helping the customer to my fullest. If i don't have an answer I will hunt the answer down. I adopted the sundown rule. If a customer comes to me with an issue and i'm unable to solve it there and then, i will get back to them by sundown with an answer to their question or a solution to their problem.

I Hope with time @catherinegarc we at AT&T/Directv get another shot and proving to you we have changed and provide you with exceptional customer service everytime. 🙂

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 49 of 128

Well i hate to make you feel worse but I have just about had it with DirecTV since it was acquired by AT&T.  AT&T completely ruined a great media provider.

I had scheduled to have two additional receivers installed at my house.  Yes.  I wanted to give you more money.  No one showed up for the service appointment today.  I called in and they told me the order was cancelled but no one ever let me know.  I took the day off from work to do this so I am not getting paid.  They said they would have to reschedule it.  Well i have been on the phone for over two hours waiting.  

I called in again on another line and got the same treatment.  At that point i was fed up and asked to have my service cancelled.  So i was transferred over to the loyalty department.  I told the person what was wrong and i am an hold waiting AGAIN!  

Message 50 of 128
Former Employee

Hello @sixstrings981, are you currently in a contract?

If so there will be a early cancellation fee of $20 a month for however many months remaining in the contract. if you are out of contract, and you still wish to cancel. Take your equipment down to your local FedEx/UPS store with your account number and make sure you take all the receivers, power cords, remotes and access cards. You have 21 days to do this prior to being charged a non return equipment fee.

Message 51 of 128

Wow i am going to cut and paste this response and flood the Internet with it.  A customer complains, threatens to leave, and you happily show how it's done and how i'm going to be penalized by breach of contract.  It so happens i've been a DirecTV customer for about 20 years now... give or take...  

Thank you for making my decision easy....

Message 52 of 128
Former Employee

I have no access to your account. I'm on the same level as you on this forum. How I see it is, if I have threatened to leave I would expect to be still looked after the best i can in regards not to be charged further costs or fees.

I could have lied and tried to spin something to make you stay, however if you wish to leave. I'm just letting you know what will happen as many CSR's get confused or forget to mention it.

Message 53 of 128
Contributor

Thanks for the information, iI' having problems receiving my  $100 Visa Rewards Card. I tried and tried to resolve this issue only to be pushed to filing a complaint with FCC. I been told 7 different stories by 7 different. people about the arrival of the Reward Card. I had Enough and Fed up with AT&T ( Theft By Deception) practices. I am going on Social Media to Post the Snapshots of the Interaction with the customer service Representative(s). This is NOT ACCEPTABLE... AT&T...😡 If you (AT&T) can't afford to give out the Reward Cards, You shouldn't be using it as a PLOY to get Customers to sign up for Services. I will continue this Quest until this problem. I read their Core Values and AT&T is not living up to it's STANDARDS. If I don't receive my Reward Card by Friday, I'm getting in touch with my local News ( On Your Side) and show them ALL the notes I took while talking to different Representatives, Snapshots of ALL the Phone Calls and Voice Recordings of Different Representatives telling me Lies😠😣😤😡💩 I will NOT let them Continue to do unsuspecting Customers this way. ImIon my way over to AT&T Social Media to vent my Frustrations there also ! Shame on You AT&T....

AT&T core Values atenot Represented when you Knowingly Steal from Customers who work hard to have Services with AT&T... I'm Not a "BUM" , I work everyday, I expect the same level of Respect coming from a Business I spend my Hard Earned Money With! Now AT&T do the RIGHT thing....For Once😠!

Message 54 of 128
Contributor

Exactly what I am going through... 2 no-shows and a bunch of apologizing from AT&T. Still no service and this has been going on since 1 October...

Message 55 of 128
Former Employee

@ATTKevin can you get someone to look into these issues

Message 56 of 128
Teacher

I finally got someone who could and would help, after so many phone
calls and chats.
After 20 or so different people at ATT someone went into my account and
actually did
something. Incorrect late fee removed, service fee removed, billing date
corrected and
so on and so on. Back on DTV billing and not ATT.
But we will see if any of it sticks this upcoming billing notice. I am
not holding my breath.
Message 57 of 128
Former Employee

@jd50ae

DIRECTV Payment Dispute 

Bill.png

We understand issues can occur regarding payments. If you have an Auto Bill Pay Issue, an Unauthorized Charge, a Missing Payment, a Payment That Was Not Posted, or a Payment Dispute, our teams can look into this.

Click here to submit a ticket so we can look into this. If you have bank records, you can attach them as well.

Message 58 of 128
Tutor

I figured I would post this here since there is actually someone looking at the thread. 

I recently informed Directv that I was going to cancel my service due to the price as it kept going up every month. I had a date set up for the cancellation, as I needed about a week’s time in order to set up a new service. It was during this time (September 25, 2018) that I received an email with a very good offer. I immediately responded to this offer with an email asking if this offer was legit. I then followed up with a phone call. I was told that it was a legit offer and I proceeded to have everything set up. I asked the representative if I qualified for the $300 in Visa Gift Cards and she told me that I did.

So here we are today, which is the reason I am contacting you. I have not received anything about the $300 in Visa Gift Cards so I got on the live chat and after being transferred to the rewards center, I was told that I do not qualify for them. I only came back to Directv because of everything in the email offer, which included the $300 in Visa Gift Cards and now I am told that, “sorry, you can’t have them”. To say that I am very disappointed would be an understatement. I would have cancelled my service if I had known this to begin with. I am not sure if you will help me or not, but I have to try somewhere as I do not want other customers to get, for lack of a better term, screwed over like I just did. I can copy and paste the offer directly from the email if needed.

Message 59 of 128

I don't think anyone who can really take action actually reads these messages.  Quite frankly I don't think they even care.  But to add to the dissatisfaction...

I can't prove this... as a disclaimer... but this is what i observed...

The tech finally came out to my house to add extra service.  If you read my previous post i was so mad i didn't tip him.  Not that i really had to but i didn't tip him.  Flame me all you want.

I get a call from my wife later in the day saying she cant close the back sliding glass door properly.  I took apart the lock to find it twisted.  It was obviously twisted.  with these types of locks you can twist the handle a quarter turn turn to the left which makes you need to turn the handle a quarter turn more to the right in order to lock it... which you cant because of the way the door is...  which means anyone can just walk in the back door....

i suspect the tech because when he was about to leave he was obviously waiting for a tip.... when he started to leave and he didnt get it he said oh i forgot to get something in the back...  

take it fwiw but seems suspicious to me.

Message 60 of 128
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support