Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services?

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

I decided to choose Directv and at&t services for cable, Internet and phone. March 4th is when they came to install satellite services.March 7th is when I paid a $100 for them to give me an installation date for Internet and phone services. They gave me March 27,2018 as installation date.  (During this time I called to expedite my services but they couldn't give an earlier date)  March 27 came and no one appeared to install services.  I called throughout the day asking if there was an issue.  They said the order are behind and they would get to me before the day is over. By nightfall no one appeared and I spoke to someone who said  someone will come the next day March 28, 2018. Next day around 11:15 someone appears but they aren't hear to install Internet and phone services,  but about satellite. While he was here I called and let them know the guy said he doesn't install Internet and phone services. They talked around for about 30 minutes and finally told me someone will be here between 1-3. After a couple of hours I checked status under my account and saw that the services says it was closed. I called and explained everything about 5 times until someone said I'd have to open another account and start services over and the next available date for install was April 11, 2018. They would give a better times so I told them I don't want any of the services and a refund. They then told me for me to disconnect Directv I would have to pay for early disconnect fee. Why do I have to do this if they breached their contract and never provided the services when promised? 

Message 1 of 128
ACE - Expert

@dhafemeister wrote:

AT&T continues to call our home and obviously a non english speaking person on the other end who you can not understand. I have told them each time they call that we have AT&T and to stop calling and if I want to change services etc I will do it on my own. If I want to switch to Direct I will but we have no desire to do so.  The phone # that keeps calling me is 1-800-288-2020

Just because the Caller ID says AT&T doesn't mean it's really them.  It's way too easy for anyone to spoof a Caller ID.  Just hang up.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 128
Former Employee

I really want to make a video showcasing how easy it is to "spoof" caller ID and post it... but... It's highly illegal but even my 14yo son can do it.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020
Message 32 of 128
ACE - Expert

@tgreaves wrote:

I really want to make a video showcasing how easy it is to "spoof" caller ID and post it... but... It's highly illegal but even my 14yo son can do it.

No kidding. But it's easy enough to find just by Googling for it.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 128
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you for this post.  Cancelled DirecTV service 7/23/18 and received Billing statement showing credit.  Did not receive.  Contacted DirecTV. They told me that I did not return my equipment and owed them money.  Provided proof that I returned equipment 8/7/18.  Several calls, hours on the phone.  They keep telling me I will receive credit in the form of Visa gift card within 30 days.  That was 2 months ago.  Just filed a complaint on the FCC site for non-returned credit.  It was easy.  Waiting/hoping for something to happen.

Message 34 of 128

It will do you no good to file a complaint, they will not respond or correct anything. Since ATT has bought DirecTV the DirecTV service has been terrible, the website has been Terrible and the support has been abysmal.   I have been a DirecTV customer since 1999, and I have Loved my DirecTV all those years. In full disclosure, I have been an ATT Wireless customer for about 15 years now, and I have historically been pleased with my service there as well. However...

Since the ATT take over, the website constantly tells me I have used the wrong password and locks me out. The credentials have been saved by the browser, how could they possibly be wrong.  I have to use the reset process, and then get back into my account. On most occasions it will lock me out again, sometimes 3-4 times.  I have flushed my cache, I have used multiple browsers and multiple computers. This has NEVER been addressed no matter how many times I complain.  On the few occasions that I can get logged in, whatever I attempt usually fails.  I tried to purchase a movie last night (the reason I did it online I will explain next) and when I click on the option to "buy and record" it tells me to log in, even though I am already logged in. Then it takes me back to the same page so I can click the "buy and record" only to have it tell me I have to log in.  This repeats endlessly and eventually tells me I have to many failed logins.  The DirecTV site is not effectively Broken, and Useless.  

As for other services,  I have made five calls, and initiated five or six chat sessions about the fact that when I try to buy an on demand movie I get the error 731 on my screen and to call in.  Last Saturday I spent 4.5 hours on a phone call that involved at least eight different people constantly getting transferred and never getting a resolution. Every call is the same, constant transfers to new people with no resolution. I have logged 26 hours of time on the phone and still have a broken system.  Saturday I was chatting with support while on the phone with them. The chat lasted about three hours and involved many people, but ended with a supervisor asking if a person could call me to resolve my problem.. uh, no. I have already been down that road.   Nobody in the DirecTV support knows how to fix anything and in some cases refuses to elevate the problem to a competent technician. I ended up using Apple TV and renting my movie there. Is that the solution? Stop using DirecTV?

I requested that they send me a new access card in hopes it will solve my problem. This did work years ago, but I never received the card.  I am at my wits end, I don't know where to turn other than to walk away from DirecTV and move to Spectrum since they are my internet provider. This plea here is in hopes that ATT and DirecTV might find a desire to make customer service a priority again or risk losing a very long standing customer.

Message 35 of 128
Teacher

Re: Re: How do I file a complaint against at

Went through the exact same thing, almost word for word. So I won't
repeat it.

Had the additional problem of having my debit card (Auto Pay) expire and
needing updating.
Round and round we go again. I have never experienced such miserable
service, and they do not care.
After days and many phone calls and chats the Debit card got updated.
I requested that I be billed by mail, never happened.
"We noticed you have not made a payment", I noticed you never billed me.
Got it paid and after a week it has still not shown up in my checking
account.
More fun to come?
People around here are praying for a new service provider.

Message 36 of 128

How do I stop these emails? I am through with AT&T! Highway robbery no protections! Good luck suckers
Message 37 of 128
Contributor

I have a complaint .. I have been trying for 6 months to get a refund for equipment that I returned and I have been promised over and over that the check is in the mail.  But still, 6 months later not check. Who do I file a compliant with? Because "the office of the president " is not real.  The so  called fax number just rings.

Message 38 of 128
Former Employee

@SEspinosa,

Where did you get the phone number for  "the office of the president " ?

None of the ATT/Directv staff would have given it away some I would be safe to assume you googled it?

Call us at 1800.531.5000 and we can look into things for you

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 39 of 128
Contributor

I'm not one to complain as things happen, but missing a days work, getting txt messages that say I'm still getting my service call, and 2 hours later I call and wait to get the answer that it is two more days? I can read above and they are lying to allot of people!

Message 40 of 128
Teacher

I have had the same issue since the end of August, and as a customer for many years have had enough of ATT lack of service.  All they can do when you call them is set up a new appointment, which the technician will cancel at the last minute.  Not worth it.  

Message 41 of 128
Contributor

I been having direct for almost a year and every time u turn around it says loss signal .So I called and ask y I don't get a discount all the time it loses signal she tells me that normal u live in Louisiana..well Cox doesn't loss signal and they also have satellites..I guess I will have to switch .they won't get discount but what there pay..

Message 42 of 128
Former Employee

@Cajungirl1973,

I sincerely apologize for the attitude received from the previous CSR you spoke to.  Having worked in CS now for many years between here in the USA and back home in Australia I know a thing or two about customer service and know how you were spoken to was unprofessional. We will look into that call a little more to see what will happen with that CSR. 

Just a few questions to ask you about the equipment you have currently. When was the dish installed? I thinking you may need to upgrade your dish, as there hasn't been bad weather yet in Louisiana so there shouldn't be an issue yet unless there is a equipment failure or your dish is slightly out of alignment. 

Do you currently have a protection plan on your account? If so the call out fee would be waived. If you know you don't have the protection plan, I would like you to call 1800.531.5000 and during the voice prompt say "Cancellations". This would put you to "retentions". State how you are unhappy with the services and are prepared to leave and go back to Dish after an offer to buy you out came through. They should fix you up right away to keep you as a valued customer.

Message 43 of 128
Contributor

Did you get help? This happen to me for the 6th time and am so mad because they don't even call me to let me know or anything and everytime I call for an explanation they come up with that they don't have enough equipment can someone help me to file a complain or can I sue them for making appointments and no show?

Message 44 of 128
Teacher

I am beginning to think AT&T is doing this on purpose.
I have never see such poor customer service in my life.
[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 45 of 128
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support