Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I complaint to AT&T DirecTv regarding An item on my Bill

Contributor

How do I complaint to AT&T DirecTv regarding An item on my Bill

I'm currently being billed $3 a month for Whole Home DVR Service.  I ask AT&T/Directv what's this?  I only have one DVR.  I don't need whole home service.  They said its a internal service within the DVR what allows you to see the same channel on multiple TV at once.  I told the Rep, I don't need this feature, I only have one DVR.  She said very adamant that it comes with the DVR regardless if I use it or not.  So, I'm being charge for something I'll never use.  This is so not right...…  I'd like to submit a compliant.  

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I complaint to AT&T DirecTv regarding An item on my Bill

Genies require Whole Home.  You can spend $199 and get a 2 tuner HR24.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: How do I complaint to AT&T DirecTv regarding An item on my Bill

Genie dvrs automatically come with a whole home fee regardless even if that's the  ONLY receiver, it can't be removed and btw the fee covers sharing recordings not the actual channels like The rep incorrectly explained. In the case of it being your only receiver then the fee covers the amount of tuners since a genie has 5 tuners as opposed to non genie dvrs that only have 2. So it actuallyserves 2 functions

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support