Explore & discover

Helpful Links

File a complaint

Highlighted
Contributor

File a complaint

Need address to formally submit a complaint against direct tv and waive early cancellation fees.  Already spoke to someone and made a case. Sent equipment back. Need address to finalize complaint. 

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: File a complaint

I called Direct TV on Tuesday June 11,2019.

I spoke with 7 humans over a 2 hour 17 minute marathon with the last person hanging up/being disconnected from me.

It is ironic that each of the 7 folks I spoke with asked me for a good number to call or text, I gave each of them my cell.  When we got disconnected or she hung up, I received NO call back or text?

History of events:

November 2018 - Cancelled/Disconnected Direct TV service, told me they would send                 a Fed EX shipping box. Assured of box.
November 2018 - called back to ask for shipping box.  Assured of box.
December 2018 - paid my last bill - adjustment of $9.32
May 3, 2019 -  received email that said Direct TV was reinstating my account,
               I called and told Direct TV, ABSOLUTELY NOT - send me a box.                 Assured of box.
May 11, 2019 -  Direct TV sent me an email that said my account was suspended.
June 11, 2019 - I RECEIVE a BILL FOR $312.72???

Explanations for charge from your folks at Direct TV:

Early termination fee? - I entered a 2 year contract in September 2016 - CANCELLED November 2018.  NOPE

I have fees from May 2019 that I am responsible for? - Direct TV sent me an email that said my account was suspended May 11, 2019?  NOPE

During my 2 hour and 17 minute phone call to 7 different folks:
I was assured that my account is CANCELLED/DISCONNECTED/GONE!  BOX WILL BE SENT!
NONE of the seven humans i spoke with could cancel the BILL, and the 7th human hung up on me!

Message 2 of 4
Associated Member

For the equipment return. The easiest way for it to be returned is to simply take it too your fedex or ups store 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Employee

Those numbers or emails are not publicly available 

@texaslakerunless you are 50 miles from the nearest Fedex or UPS store they will not send boxes, the new policy as of 2 years ago is for the customer to drop off equipment to one of the 2 and they will box and ship for you at no charge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support