Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Executive Escalation

Executive Escalation

On 1/2/16, an AT&T installer who was installing DirecTV, internet and voice fell through the ceiling of my home into one of the bedrooms.  After 2 weeks, the holes in the ceiling and wall were repaired.  On 1/20/16 starting at 9 am, I called AT&T to ask for a credit on my bill for the inconvenience.  My kids couldn't sleep in their rooms because of the insulation that was constantly falling down and the cold draft that was coming through the attic, even though a piece of sheet rock was place over the hole.  I first spoke with a young lady who said all I could receive was a $100 credit on bill.  I told her that was unacceptable and would not take that.  I asked to speak to a manager.  I was connected with a lady named Shakeitha.  I'm not sure if the spelling is correct, because she would not spell her name for me.  She told me that all that could be offered was a $100 credit on my bill.  I told her that this was unacceptable.  I had to take off work 3 times for the estimate, repair and painting.  I also told her that my kids could not sleep in their rooms because of the insulation falling down and the cold drafts.  She became very rude and said that $100 is the most that could be down.  I asked her to speak to her supervisor or someone with authority.  She told me told me there was no one else in her call center.  I said there must be someone else there, not just her.  She said how do I know who was in her call center.  I told her my brother use to work for AT&T and I know there is someone else I can speak with on this matter.  She told me that my brother doesn't know who is in her call center and what can be done.  I asked her for her name again.  She at first wouldn't give it to me.  I said you have to give me your name.  She then said "Shakeitha," like I told you at the beginning of the call.  I asked her how to spell it.  She refused to spell her name.  I then asked for her AT&T id number, but she refused to give it to me.  Then she hung up on me.  I have never experienced that kind of service in all my life.  I am thinking about cancelling my service with AT&T and using cable.  

Who do I need to contact to report this matter and try to get a resolution to my issue?

Message 1 of 11
Former Employee

Re: Executive Escalation

I would call the Directv customer service number and not AT&T to start, 1-800-531-5000

Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert

See if these folks can help ....

https://forums.att.com/t5/Community-Blog/Introducing-ATTDIRECTVCare/ba-p/4720229

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Former Employee

^^

And that's certainly not right! They should have filed a damage claim.

Message 4 of 11

There was a damage claim that was resolved after a little more than 2 weeks.
Message 5 of 11
Community Support

Hello @motherofpearl71,

We will be glad to assist. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 11

Omg their service is horrible ! They cancelled my account and all I wanted to do was transfer my services to my new home
Message 7 of 11
Former Employee

Jasmine, how the heck did that happen? To cancel your account requires your consent unless you were past due...
Message 8 of 11

Exactly ! I was not past due. && I did not consent for them to cancel my acct. I am moving to another state and put in a request to move my services and the date that I set it for got change in there system and never got a confirmation of a change && when I called in about it the man said he change it and got it corrected but he cancelled my account and ordered me new service without my consent. I did reach out to executive relations to fix this huge issue and get who ever did this fired because that is so unexceptable
Message 9 of 11

It actually doesn't take much to cancel an att account in error, especially when an agent is trying to play the system for extra sales credit. If it works the customer gets a new promo they were not entitled to and the sales agent get sales credit they did not earn. Since att does not pay their overseas sales agent much above sales commission they must make sales to make a living. This leads to more disconnect in error situations than att cares to restore. 

I used to work in the chat center for att that restored service real time for customers Disconnected In Error (known as DIE). The att customer service interface tools used in the call centers are perfect for canceling service in error but horrible for restoring the service. Only a handful of employees know how to process an order in CRM to restore customer service without a truck roll and new equipment and even fewer have the system authentication to perform the task. So most times when service is disconectedin error, a front line sales agents places an order to restore service as a brand new account so the customer must wait days for install... but don't worry, the sales agent will get credit for making you wait Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

Im currently trying to get out of my direct tv service. They have the worst customer service of all time and im making sure to post this everywhere I can. I've also contacted the news and the better business Bureau regarding the scammer representatives they have in the Philippines. I've called and had to speak to a agent every day this week and every day I've been lied to then when I get a American I'm yelled at and treated like trash because I say I want to cancel after everything I've been through for DAYS..... I've warned so many people of there services

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support