Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Drop DIRECTVTM PROTECTION PLAN

Contributor

Drop DIRECTVTM PROTECTION PLAN

Is it possible to discontinue a protection plan without calling customer support?  I have spent 1 hour on the phone with customer support, requesting that Directv fix my system.    In my case, they won't honor the protection plan because my unit is in an RV.  I would  like to cancel my plan without wasting more time on the phone with ATT.  Can I do this on the website?

Nat

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎03-11-2019 7:22 AM

Re: Drop DIRECTVTM PROTECTION PLAN

Nope,  DTV never services an RV unless it is permanently parked.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎03-11-2019 7:22 AM

You will need to call .... 1 800 531 5000

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  Do you happen to know if DISH has the same policy?   I don't want to change all my equipment and discover I am facing the same problems.

Nat

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Professor

Dish also doesn't service RVs with their protection plan

Message 5 of 6
Tutor

In my experience you can’t do anything online that will decrease your bill. Very bad system

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn to manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T. View help managing DIRECTV in myAT&T!
Additional Support