Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Double charged for a tech visit that was supposed to be free

Contributor

Double charged for a tech visit that was supposed to be free

I called DirecTV to replace a receiver that stopped working.   They sent me a replacement receiver that was defective.   I called multiple time to activate the receiver and it would not activate.   After several calls to technical support, I requested to have another receiver sent.  The CSR would not send another receiver and said it would require a truck roll.  I said I do not want to pay for a truck roll if the receiver is defective.   He said I would not have to pay for the truck roll if the receiver was in fact defective.  The tech came out and after 2+ hours of trying to update and activate the receiver, he determined the receiver was defective and pulled another different receiver off of his truck.  He activated that receiver.   A month later, I get a bill for not one but TWO truck rolls.   I have been double billed for a single truck roll AND I have been billed for a truck roll that was a result of DirecTV sending me a DEFECTIVE receiver.   I should not and was promised that I would not have to pay for the tech visit if the receiver was defective.   When I call to get a credit I am told by 1 CSR that they cant give me a credit.  A second CSR says she has initiated a credit for the erroneous second truck roll, yet when I call back again, the CSR says no credit has been initiated.   Can someone please help me?  I have been billed $198 (2 x $99) and should not have been billed for either.   This just make me even more unhappy, disappointed, and angry as the original issue took over 10 phone calls, 25+ transfers, and over 8 hours on the phone just to get a receiver replace only to have the CSR set up an order for a plain receiver (I have an HD DVR receiver) as an upgrade (NOT) and commit me to 2 years which then required several additional calls, transfers, and hours to get the order cancelled and corrected.   Very frustrated at the uneducated CSRs, the scams, the double billing, and lies. . . AN EXTREMELY HAPPY CUSTOMER 

Message 1 of 1
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support