Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Dish Removal

Highlighted
Tutor

Dish Removal

I cancelled my service on 7/30/18 and requested my dish be removed from my driveway as it was already taken off the roof.  They sent me their recycle website, but it's only for Colorado customers and I'm in Minnesota. I told them I wasn't paying a 3rd party to remove it and wanted it gone.  They told me they submitted a request to have it picked up on 7/6/18 around 10:30am. I contacted them again around noon on 7/6 and was told it would still be pick up that day.  I waited around ALL DAY for them and they never came.  I spoke to 2 supervisors this morning who told me Direct Tv doesn't pick up dishes and they don't know why I was told they did.  I was LIED TO by 2 of their customer service reps promising the dish would be pick up.  I wasted an entire day waiting for them not knowing that they would never be coming!  Why is this okay with them??  They don't seem to care that they treated me this way!!  I submitted a complaint to the BBB, but I'm sure they won't care about that either.  I'm not paying my final bill if I am forced to pay to have this dish removed and you can be certain they will NEVER have my business AGAIN!!

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by Employee (Employee)
Accepted by Constructive
‎08-07-2018 11:08 AM

Re: Dish Removal

Directv has NEVER removed dishes or uninstall them. Once installed they become the property of the home owner.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Tutor

So why lie to me about it?

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Professor

I have no idea other than those agents didn't want to listen to the rebuttal OR  they just didn't have a clue and made something up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
ACE - Expert

The recycle website is usable from other states using a shipping option for receiver/client boxes that are non returnable.

As for the receiving dish, remove the LNB as that goes to electronic recycling. The dish itself just regular metal recycling. Directv never sends someone just to uninstall or take back equipment. If a tech on site replaces something, they take back what they replaced only of course.

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

I'm not paying to ship their dish. I'm also not debating whether they take them or not...They LIED about coming to get it, wasted my time and then their supervisors didn't care!  That's not customer service...it's childish. 

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

Directv will never take the dish.

www.directv.com/recycle routes you to the recycling center that does a free shipping box for non-returnable receiver/clients.

The dish you get rid of yourself, preferably by taking a local recycling center. You don't want to remove it yourself, or pay someone local (not Directv) to remove it, then leave it where it is.

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Professor

You could sell it to someone,  they'll be a lot of rv people looking for an hd dish next April when the 101 standard definition satellite goes dark. 

Message 8 of 9
Employee

Better still, put the dish out on the curb side, someone will just take it. ive done it with and old DTV dish and a Dish Network Dish. You always have people collecting stuff like that from the curb. Generally gone within 24hrs. Faster than waiting for DTV techs to pick it up.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support