Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv login does not work for Showtime Anytime

Highlighted
Mentor

Directv login does not work for Showtime Anytime

I can View Showtime in the Directv app but when I start Showtime Anytime and attempt to login using my DirecTV credentials I get an error “Something went wrong. Please try again later”. HBO and other apps authenticate normally with my directv login. I’ve reinstalled the App, cleared browser cache & history and had a case opened with Showtime since 12/18. Has anyone been able to resolve this single sign on issue?

Message 1 of 16
Contributor

Re: Directv login does not work for Showtime Anytime

Did you receive a solution to this?

I am experiencing the same thing and i called AT&T but was told they didn't know what was wrong and would call me back. It's been a week and i haven't heard back from them. 

I noticed on the Directtv login window, it says "null" right above the email address input field. Wonder if that is a clue. 

Hoping to resolve so i can get back on and watch some Showtime programs! 

Message 2 of 16
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ssaylor
‎01-06-2018 8:29 PM

Yes! Oddly enough, need to change your Directv email address. I changed mine and immediately was able to login. If you don’t have a second email, I think using a bogus address might work. Change it in directv, then login to SHO, logout SHO then change it back DTV. Haven’t tried this but I think the emai address just has to be refiled to force SHO to reset. This is the only app to give me problems. 😉 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 16
Contributor

Brilliant! Worked like a charm!! Thank you very much!
Message 4 of 16
Mentor

Your welcome! It took me a few hours with Google but as they say... the answer is out there.

Message 5 of 16

This solution does not work ... the error I receive is "The account is not active" ... I've talked to several customer service & tech support folks at ATT/DirecTV and *no one* knows what to do, much less do they promise to follow up with me. They have the most pathetic excuse for customer service I have ever experienced ...

Message 6 of 16

This worked for me... so far.

Sympathies for whomever is still stuck.

Message 7 of 16
Contributor

You are not alone my man, I’ve talked to several people at ATT customer service and they have no solutions for me ever, like they barely understand what I’m saying. I tried telling them “ I don’t have a directv email since my services are bundled through ATT.” And they just say “call showtime.” Smh

Message 8 of 16

*** READ THIS *** finally - a solution!!

So, I got brave and decided to call DirecTV tech support yet again for the issue of not being able to log into HBOGO, Showtime Anytime, TNTdrama, etc., always getting the "Account not active" error when using my DirecTV/ATT login credentials. Imagine my shock when the tech rep said he knew exactly what I was talking about, that it was because I had two accounts (ATT for my Uverse Internet and DirecTV for my tv service) and that the accounts needed to be merged. When I told him this was the 6th time I called in and he was the first to not think I'm crazy, he said that he didn't know why that was, it's been a known issue for about 4 months (yes, that's about when it began!) and that all tech reps should be informed about it. Anyway ... he couldn't do it himself, but gave me the direct number to what he called the "Web Sync Department" - they are apparently actually called the "Digital Access Center" - and these folks helped me out. took about 30 minutes but FINALLY!! The rep even waited on the line while I logged into the HBOGO.com and ShowtimeAnytime.com websites to make sure I got in! The number is 877-285-0113 and it gets you right to them, no navigating through menus, etc. NOTE: have your two account numbers in hand! I thought I only had the one - the one that shows on the front of my combined bill - but that's just the ATT account number. Look further down to page 2 or 3 of your bill and you will see a separate DirecTV account number. You need that one too. Tell them that you can't log into third party websites like HBOGO and that they need to "merge your two accounts". Good luck!

Message 9 of 16
Contributor

nwvalleyjock  - Thank you so much!! I contacted the number you provided and I was on the phone for 5 minutes and my issue logging into HBOgo was resolved. It was as simple as changing my user name to an email address. I have a combined DirectTV and ATT wireless account. I had a username that was not an email address. The path to changing your username on the MyATT app is:

Sign-in info

Change your ATT access ID

Change it to an email address, save, and your done!

Message 10 of 16
Contributor

Does anyone have an actual contact number for the web sync department/digital access center?  I tried the generic number, no luck.  I tried the number posted here, and they gave me another number to call.  I called that, and it was billing.

Message 11 of 16

I posted the number in my 7/29 post below and I just called it again to make sure it's right and it is! 877-285-0113.

Message 12 of 16

Believe me, I tried all the suggestions. I changed my login ID, waited overnight, tried again, etc. Now my ID already was an email, not just a username unlike in your case, so maybe that was an issue, too. Regardless, if you cannot resolve it by changing your login ID to an email (or to a different email) and waiting - even overnight - then call the Digital Assistance Center at 877-285-0113  and get it resolved by them, as I finally did!! No problem for several weeks now.

Message 13 of 16
Contributor

Same issue. Was on the phone with ATT for over an hour. Reset Showtime app, reinstall, blah blah. 

I asked her to merge accts (diff emails) but she insisted that wouldn’t help. 

She advised me to call Showtime. Then call HBO etc. Really?

I hung up and changed my emails/user ID myself and voila it works. 

Thanks for the advice. Wasted and hour of my life on the phone. 

Message 14 of 16
Contributor

I have this same issue and i cant get showtime to fix it.  I have not tried changing my email address on my direct tv account.  

I have been going back and forth with showtime for a week.  They said when i originally called that they have my showtime account associated to an old cox account from 5 plus years ago.  Odd,  i had logged in with my direct tv credentials for the past 4 years .  

Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support