Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV

Direct TV

I receive my bill and noticed how high it was. I called on Nov. 9 to make a payment and was able to get it resolved so I thought. I then started getting calls from At&f telling my bill was way overdue. When I called back, I asked for a manager that could help me 4 times. I was left on the phone for 29 min 45 sec!!!!! I was told they don’t have mangers there. When someone finally came to the phone, I asked if she was a manager. She said yes! I explained the issue and asked what could they do help me? She stated “ NOTHING “! I asked about specials or anything, she said NO! 

My question is, when did Direct TV stop caring about people? I explained that I didn’t realize that the promotion had ended because they don’t give you a courtesy notice. This “manager” was RUDE about it!!!

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Former Employee

Re: Direct TV

Umm DTV have never given "courtesy" calls regarding the customers promo's have ended.. 

I do apologize tho for the "manager" being rude, did you happen to get a name or ATTUID? 

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by rldvxi
‎11-15-2018 9:52 AM

the promotion ending is noted on every bill

it will say 1 of 12, 10 of 12, ect

so yes there was notice

if the price is not what you want to pay then lower the pack, remove rooms, ect

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7

SO..... really where is the warmth in that!!!!!
I’m reading just as you wrote it RUDE!!!!!
I understand I can remove rooms to lower my package or just maybe follow millions and leave DT all together!!!!
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

what was rude?

the price is the price, its posted on the website.

indicated on your bills. credits are listed with expirations

i dont know how it could be any clearer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

They have gotten worse. They use to have great customer service but those days are gone.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Cinwan wrote:

They have gotten worse. They use to have great customer service but those days are gone.

Directv, just like other service providers (not just TV service) do not give additional notifications about promotions ending. This is because they are listed on the bill (1 of 12, 2 of 12, etc.) to show how long they are and when they end, in addition to the amount saved. Discounts not being available is not a reduction in customer service as sometimes we have to pay normal cost. TV is a luxury service after all so there should never be an expectation that discounts are always available.

If the conduct of the person over the phone was unpleasant, not just they couldn't do what you wanted, then that would be an issue. So if had issue with the person you spoke with, then call DirecTV back and request a supervisor to submit a complaint on the prior agent. On the other hand, if you just didn't like their answer then that is not rude if they are just giving you the right information and options.

Now if you have an issue with your account or equipment, perhaps other customers could give guidance on resolving it. Just start a thread with the details of your issue and others can chime in to see what may be done. More productive then spamming posts that you are "unhappy" for some unknown reason.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support