Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV Payment

Highlighted
Tutor

Direct TV Payment

I made a payment in my local store on 10/9/2018 at 5:01 pm in the amount of $46.50. I have been calling AT&T daily because the payment has not shown up on my account.  I did receive an extension until 10/15 to see if the payment would post, but it has not.  I have tried to follow-up with AT&T all morning only to be transferred 6 times and then told that I was being transferred to collections and that the hold time was going to be 45 minutes!  I am at work!!!  I have my account number, the invoice number, the time and store number, tracking number, bill payment number and even the person's name that took my money and I have been told that I need to contact my bank!  I paid in cash and I don't know what other information I can give them.  I can not stay on the phone another hour with them trying to get this resolved.  I am at the end of my rope with these people any suggestions?????

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by a12b34
‎10-15-2018 9:39 AM

Re: Direct TV Payment

Hello @a12b34

Did you get a payment receipt? if so follow the directions below..

We understand issues can occur regarding payments. If you have an Auto Bill Pay Issue, an Unauthorized Charge, a Missing Payment, a Payment That Was Not Posted, or a Payment Dispute, our teams can look into this.

Click here to submit a ticket so we can look into this. If you have bank records, you can attach them as well.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15
Tutor

I have done this and it is expected to take up to 10 days to resolve.  Any other solutions?  This is the first times I have ever had a problem with AT&T and have been please with all of their service until now.  

Message 3 of 15
ACE - Master

dont pay at the store

pay online, its instant

heck, set up autopay, then you dont have to worry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15
Former Employee

hello @a12b34,

Have you tried calling 1800.288.2020  and during the voice prompt said "billing"?

I would like to see this sped up and corrected. Keep me updated

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 5 of 15
Tutor

Yes I have.  I have been on top of this since the 10th.  I have called everyday and have gotten no where with anyone. All I managed to do was get an extension until today to see if it posted

Message 6 of 15
Tutor

This is the first time I have ever not had auto pay!!!  My bank account got hacked, so I had to stop all auto-payments from coming out!!  I hate having to go pay bills!!!!  I had everything set-up on auto pay

Message 7 of 15
Former Employee

Have you re-visited the store since? i would be re-visiting the store again next and demanding to speak to a manager. The fact it was a cash payment, it should have posted pretty much instantly to your bill. Take your receipt, with account number and back to the store. I would demand the manager confirms the payment the calls Directv for confirmation this has finally processed.

I would then be calling 1800.531.5000 and during the voice say "Cancel". Talk with one of those reps, explain the situation again and see what they can do for you tooo

Message 8 of 15
Tutor

No I have not, but that sounds like a great idea and I will be doing that when I get off this afternoon!! While on my lunch, I am going to try and call AT&T one more time before I make a fool of myself in public.  I really want to thank you for the help that you have provided.

Message 9 of 15
Tutor

Well, I would like to thank you for the advise that you gave me!  I called the 1-800-531-5000 number and spoke to a very nice gentleman that was really very kind and helpful!!  He never transferred me and I was only on hold for 3 minutes while he worked with billing to resolve my issue.  While on hold, he would go back and forth to make sure that I stayed update with the progress that he and billing were making with my payment and getting the issue resolved.  I only wish that the other 6 CS Reps that I had previously spoken to had this same attitude towards people.  

Message 10 of 15
Former Employee

@a12b34 that's great news. I still have some faith in the inbound CSR's. I'm glad it's all sorted now and i'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction. Thank you very much for being an AT&T customer.

Message 11 of 15
ACE - Expert

Glad situation has gotten better.

Definitely recommend paying DirecTV directly instead of through a 3rd party, even if it is an AT&T store.

Payments made over the phone and DirecTV's website post within moments (same day).

Payments made through 3rd party (payment center, precash, moneygram, even using your bank's bill pay option, etc) have a normal timeframe of up to 3 business days.

Supposedly payments at an AT&T store (direct store, not authorized dealer) should post quicker since they now own DirecTV, but from experience I do not have good faith in anything that is done at one of their stores.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 15
Tutor

Well, I thought it was resolved!!  Only to be lied to once again.... I am assuming!!  I am going to have to take off a half of day from work and get this figured out,, but I guess that is okay!!  I signed a 2 year Direct TV and Internet Contract with AT&T and it is up at the end of November.  I really thought that they would try and keep me as a loyal customer since I have had my phone with them for 15 years and my ex-husband and I have had Direct TV since forever, but that's okay! Straight Talk is cheaper and all I have to do to watch Direct TV is sign in with my daughter's username and password and use hers!!!  So once again AT&T the joke is really on you!!!  I will pay you one more month, but after that,, I will be like the rest of the free loaders and get your service for free

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

I have spoke to a gentleman and he was suppose to get my account correct for because I went a month ago and they said it was corrected but guess what it wasn't I am wanting to do auto pay for the 7th of each month but again I get a letter that my bill is pass due. So know how can I fix this issue.. 

Message 14 of 15
ACE - Expert

@dxlola 

You cannot specify a auto bill pay date. With DirecTV if by credit card it is the day the bill produces which is day 2 of your cycle, if EFT then it is day 15.

To make a payment or opt in/out of auto bill pay log into your at www.directv.com or www.att.com if in the new system. If there is a dispute on the bill itself, then call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000. This is a public customer to customer forum with no account access here.

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support