Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV DVR to record OTA programs with OTA antenna provided by ATT

Highlighted
Contributor

Direct TV DVR to record OTA programs with OTA antenna provided by ATT

May OTA programs be recorded with the Direct TV DVR? If yes, how?  Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Cranberry1
‎07-25-2019 7:42 PM

Re: Direct TV DVR to record OTA programs with OTA antenna provided by ATT

Yes. Call DirecTV and ask them to send you a "Local Channel Connector" so you can watch CBS during the dispute. The included instructions will tell you how to set it up. Once set up and connected to an antenna,  the channels will show in your guide, and you can watch and record all the stations you are able to receive just as you record your satellite channels. I think they'll even send you an antenna for free.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

No idea. Try the DirecTV forum located here This forum is for the internet streaming service DirecTV Now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5

My guide doesn't  even come up for my local nbc station it just says regular schedule  so how do we get the guide to show the names of the shows with the ota DirecTV antenna ?

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

OTA channels use 2.1 2.2 etc to designate the channel so you select the 2.1 channel to receive the OTA channel 2 to receive the sat channel, not sure how the LCC shows this.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support