Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DirecTv and AT&T Billing Cycles and Dates

Contributor

DirecTv and AT&T Billing Cycles and Dates

I am about to cancel my DirecTv and AT&T services. After reading the fine print and all of the previous threads on this forum, I have gathered that I need to cancel a day or two before my billing cycle ends. However, I still have some questions about this. 

My AT&T and DirecTv charges are bundled, so I receive one bill. (Conveniently, occasionally, during my contract the past two years, things would magically "unbundle" which resulted in extra charges that I never got back.)

Anyway, my most current bill is due July 19th (bill total for the dates of May 28th - June 27th). When I actually look at each section on the statement, I see that the dates for the DirecTv portion are June 22 - July 21. The dates for the the Internet and phone sections are for June 28th - July 27th. 

So I am "doubly" confused. Why are the billing dates for the total bill May 28th - June 27th but on down the statement the billing dates are June 22nd - July 21st and June 28th - July 27th? Second of all, when I cancel my service, do I cancel by July 21st (DirecTv's end of the billing cycle) or cancel by July 27th (the Internet, phone, and overall combined bill end of the cycle)? I'm wondering if I should call DirecTv by July 21st and get that part cancelled and then call to have the Internet and phone cancelled the following week.

When I pay this bill that is due on July 19th, am I paying for service from May 28th - June 27th? Or am I paying for service from June 28th - July 27th? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: DirecTv and AT&T Billing Cycles and Dates

I sure can’t explain your different bill cycles for the two services but sounds to me like you need to cancel Directv on or before July 21 and your internet service on or before July 27. 

When I pay this bill that is due on July 19th, am I paying for service from May 28th - June 27th? Or am I paying for service from June 28th - July 27th? Thank you in advance for your assistance. You are paying for service from June 28 - July 27.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: DirecTv and AT&T Billing Cycles and Dates

Your DTV install date is the start of your billing cycle on day 2 the bill is generated and sent. No idea when your internet starts.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support