Helpful Links

Did AT&T lie to anyone else about Direct TV services?

Tutor

Did AT&T lie to anyone else about Direct TV services?

I am so mad about all the lies that AT&T told me to get me to switch from U-verse TV to Direct TV that I am shutting down all my AT&T services.  My bill is unpaid, but they can sue me. I am happy to counter-claim under consumer protection laws.  It's total fraud.

Message 1 of 52

Re: Did AT&T lie to anyone else about Direct TV services?

We had some issues with rain while in Texas.  It happens.  If it goes on for days, ask for a credit.  Just make sure you have some movies and shows recorded so you can watch while it rains.  You can't help that with satellite.

Message 16 of 52
Tutor

Re: Did AT

Thanks for your uplifting words. I will keep trying. I am anxious and praying every time I call. It is just a ridiculous situation and I can definitely believe that dealing with this nonsense would contribute to serious health problems. Appreciate the encouragement and best wishes with your health.
Message 17 of 52
Tutor

Thanks for your uplifting words. I will keep trying. I am anxious and praying every time I call. It is just a ridiculous situation and I can definitely believe that dealing with this nonsense would contribute to serious health problems. Appreciate the encouragement and best wishes with your health.
Message 18 of 52

Thank you. Directv has always been good to me.  It's just since AT&T took over that there have been problems.  I have hoped that it would not happen this way.  So far so good with me but I watch their bills like a hawk, keep on them like flies on poop and keep them in line.  Good luck.

Message 19 of 52
Contributor

Thank you!
Message 20 of 52
Mentor

Yes, we went anyway because that where things were going to be headed. They said it would save money, yeah for about 3 months. Since we were already in a U450 packaged promotion. The sales people don't listen or know anything about what a person is coming from on the uverse side.  It will end up to be a slighly more after one promotion expires. The remote sucks compared to uverse but I am getting used to it. The picture is better.  We lost maybe a channel or two. They totally lied about the antenna option. They don't sell it all. It would would been nice to record sub-channels on unified dvr.

I absolutely dispise time warner, so what are you gonna do.

The other thing I hate it and its not the fault of direct tv per se. The on demand and stupid fast forward disable. Uverse never crippled it.

Oh yea, 8 streams my bottom. It is 5, one more than uverse. 

One thing I do like is the compactness of the Genie modules. There definitely more energy star compliance going on.

I still think Direct TV the best in TV, but needs more polish. 

Message 21 of 52
Contributor

I have never in my life had to deal with this much trouble or uneducated people. At&t reps/supervisors are jokes. I have proof what I was quoted and out of the 8 reps I talked to only one was willing to give me a fax number to prove what was quoted. Seriously the worst customer service ever. Like one person previously said they all do the blame game on each other on who's at fault, but never actually help get to the bottom of anything. Crooks!
Message 22 of 52
Contributor

Yes. We were going to leave. Talked my client into staying with 6 months free HBO an cinimax. Didnt do it. Claims they cant do that. It was all noted by the previous tech. They said ya we see the notes. The FCC says we cant do that. So...they did give him 6months of HBO. And 3months of cinemax. I dont trust them they also made him start his 2 year contract over. We are goung to find away to get out of it. The tech insulted my client terribly.
Message 23 of 52
Contributor

I just cancelled my Directv account after 45 days. I was a customer for over 6 years and moved so instead of taking my service with me I thought I would branch out and try something else. I received a sales call promising me a free genie upgrade, free Sunday ticket and not one but two visa gift cards. I spent at least an hour on the phone over the course of several calls trying to find out why I hadn't received any gift cards. I was told there weren't any "notes" on my account regarding gift cards so they would have to assign a claims representative to listen to all of the sales calls and determine what I was promised. Well 14 days later they tell me they can give me a $200 dollar bill credit but that's it. I told them to keep their service. It is unreal that they can promise you anything they want and not deliver on it. I can't wait till someone from DirecTV calls me trying to get me to come back.
Message 24 of 52
Contributor

Yes they did !!! I just got a install for Direct TV. I was promised $ 200.00 gift card to switch lies , there never was any gift cards when I call in .
Message 25 of 52
Tutor

Omg I was lied to so many times that I started taking notes and I was hung up and treated very bad hours and hours and hours of being nice and patient but still treated bad and never got the prices I was promised and never got the bundling what can we do I am furious
Message 26 of 52
Contributor

I left DirectTV.  I tried to leave after the rates went up after two years, but was promised a rate reduction that would not end.  It ended after one year.  After many denials, and their attempts to paint me as stupid (I may not be the smartest guy, but I do have a Harvard degree), they offered to reduce my rates again, but I had had enough.  I cancelled my service two months ago.  I have a credit balance of $130, which I still have not received two months later, which is just abusive (how would they feel if I sent in payments two months late?).  Two weeks ago, they said the check was in the mail.  No check.  I called today, and it was not even in the mail yet, so more lies.  This is sad.

My question for DirectTV:  Obviously many people are cutting the cord to cable and satellite TV providers like you and ATT.  Many of us would be happy just to stay where we are if we were treated with respect and told the truth.  Instead, we are lied to, insulted, and abused.  Don't you think it would be a good idea to try to retain customers?  Don't you think it would be good business, not to mention civil behavior, to treat customers with dignity and respect?

Message 27 of 52
Scholar

Good idea.  BUT AT&T HATES Customers.

They will NEVER play Fair, Tell the Truth or do anything to encourage customers to stay.

If they got RID of that fool running the show. things might change.  Good Luck.

Message 28 of 52
Contributor

I am a CAR that works for a contracted company with dtv, I get calls all day of att agents passing along completely wrong information. I will give these att works the benefit here as I do know they are assured this info is correct, such as "your bill won't change and you have a price lock for 2 years" this price lock is for the base price of the channel package, not for the 40 to 60 dollars in discounts. Sometimes you do get a 24 month discount yes, some are set up with only 12 month discounts and the price lock amounts to about 4 bucks over each month. Never listen to the door to door people or those at Walmart, those people I'm convinced just want to make a buck, the att agents are victims of thier jobs and are forced to spew bad info. I believe in the product but even i will be the first to tell you... order it from us on the phone or online or you'll end up with an awful surprise. I do like working for the company as they are honestly the BEST at doing discounts for long term customers and we are given a decent amount of tools to help make things right when the service is not working the way it should. Directv isn't the issue here it's att and believe it or not there haven't been huge changes imposed by att... yet.
Message 29 of 52
Highlighted
Scholar

There has never been or will there ever be a "forever price"
Message 30 of 52
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV Account Board! Check out our helpful articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Have a billing concern? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support