Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DTV

Highlighted
Visitor

DTV

When I signed up for Uverse back in May, I was told I didn't have to pay for DTV because they are being bought by AT&T. Now I am being hit with a 375.00 bill from DTV for early termination. Can they do that if AT&T is their owner??
Message 1 of 5
Former Employee

Re: DTV

You should probably call into DirecTV - 1-800-531-5000 and speak with the retention department to dispute those charges if you were told you wouldn't have to pay.

Message 2 of 5
Scholar

You can call and ask but I am pretty sure you will have to pay. The ETF is nothing to do with who owns the company, it's a reflection of the fact you got the receiver at way below cost.  My guess is the the Uverse guy is the one who told you this, anything for a sale...

Message 3 of 5
Administrator
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎11-19-2015 10:57 AM

If charges on your bill are different than what you expected there might be a reason. Otherwise, you may request a refund or adjustment to your bill.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Former Employee

Generally the DTV etf is 20$ per month you cancel early back in may did you recieve any rewards cards or anything for changing. Honestly it is not ok when in proper expectation are set. I do recall there was a rumor going Round about that being a thing but wound up not being true because it did not make the contracts that we signed any less valid. So I understand the frustration I think you should call and ask uverse if you had been eligible for any rewards cards. Lol I should look at dates. Silly me this I'm sure is long since handled. Well FYI uverse only has one year contracts so your should be up and dtv has a 2 year price lock special going on this month some really great packages like t.v. Internet for about 70 a month for 2 years and possibly unlimited data my whole new plan 220.00 for everything and a new phone. Just saying!!
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support