Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV Payment Dispute

Community Support

DIRECTV Payment Dispute

Bill.png

We understand issues can occur regarding payments. If you have an Auto Bill Pay Issue, an Unauthorized Charge, a Missing Payment, a Payment That Was Not Posted, or a Payment Dispute, our teams can look into this.

Click here to submit a ticket so we can look into this. If you have bank records, you can attach them as well.

Click here to review AT&T’s Privacy Policy

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 26
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: DIRECTV Payment Dispute

Need to dispute a charge or need to find out why a payment did not go through? You can contact us! Check out this information above!

Need to pay your Bill? Or setup Auto-Pay? Check out our Ways To Pay Your DIRECTV Bill article!

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 26
Tutor

sept 13 2016 we had a fire , called to suspend service which was never documented called numerous times to suspend service and after moving in 4 months later had the whole home redone with genies which never worked corectly until friday 8/4/2017 and sat 8/5/2017 request that you make good on the four months that we called numerous times to suspend service untill our home was put back together between att and direct tv you  people have not  documented  alll our calls you just kept sending us bills for a home that to four months of our hard earned money and could not care about our dilema of losing our home for all that time plus after you came out and replced all units that never worked correctly untill fri 8/4/2014 your tech told us it was installed incorrectly lose fitting ect i feal that you owe us the 4 months we asked you to  suspend our service and something for all our aggravation of constantly having to call for months to have our service repaired so we could us it as we paid for we are loyal customers of att across the board and if you do not value our wireless tv home phone and internet service im sure we could find anotherprovider sincery ROBERT AND KAREN P[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 3 of 26
ACE - Expert

@BOAT2628

I'm sorry but we are customers like yourself as this is a public customer to customer forum. You will need to either Contact DIRECTV here or go to @ATTDIRECTVCare where you can send them a private message.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 26
Contributor

We have a fradulent collections report on our credit report.  We have called and called and spoken with DirectTV and they refuse to help provide us with any information to remove this fradulent report.  They have even said that it is evident that it is not our charge but will not provide us with any steps to remove it.  We understand that we can sue DirectTV under FCRA if they are reporting fradulent accounts to our credit report.  What do we have to do to have this removed?

Message 5 of 26
Employee

@EGonza you need to dispute it with all 3 credit reporting agencies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 26

i agree! directv is a joke! they never do anything they say they will. on a mission now to post my experience everywhere i can!!! 

Message 7 of 26
Tutor

I cancelled my DirecTV and kept my internet on March 8th,2018 I paid my bill on March 6th 2018 they tell me I didn't cancel it till the end of March and continue charging me the same price and then send me a separate internet bill for trice the price I was paying now if you pay a month in advance for do I owe for that? Now they call and over me a great promotions to come back and I called and got tenderstran to several different Departments and nobody can verify what this represenative head promised me! I thought these calls were recorded? Well apparently they are not or just everybody there doesn't know how to do their jobs because nobody can verify this for me! They don't update your accounts for a month so you can't check on it yourself either. Please somebody do your job!!!

Message 8 of 26
Tutor

I am being billed for movie channels I specifically said I did not want. The month of January I had signed up for Direct Tv, while setting my account up the rep had offered me movie channels for 3 months free. I Refused knowing I did not want to worry about canceling these movie channels in time. The Rep attempted to assure me that they automatically remove them when the 3 months are up. Again I told her NO thank you, mind you I have our channels set to custom and obviously movie channels is not on it. So I am going on 5 months and I have no idea if we actually had movie channels or not but I happened to look at my billing statement and it is Triple the amount it should be. These past few months I had just been paying my bill what it should have been and now they have tacked on late fees and movie channel fees. When I call to dispute the bill they told me they can’t do anything but remove the channels from this point on. I request to speak with a manager, waited for awhile on the phone just so that they could tell me that a manager was not available but that they were given permission to credit my acct for $50 for the month of May and they are only allowed to go back 30 days. So this means I’m stuck paying an additional $118 plus late fees for something I specifically said I did Not want nor did I use. My wife expressed her dissatisfaction with the answer we were given and was told to dispute the bill online, they would note the account. My wife was very adamant about Not switching over to Direct Tv, I thought I knew best and now I see why she makes these decisions. Very dissatisfied  with how the customer service for billing was unable to resolve this issue. Not a good way to start off with my business...

Message 9 of 26

if my bill increased 33 percent from month to the next att wll no longer be a service i use, thier reply regarding infomercials is weak, to say its a needed increase...or even valid with the prices goes up, and then say its not their responability for content...is the the most unhonorable thing i have seen in business, good thing my contract has been over for a year, when responding your email, make sure you dont use the email associated with your bill when sighning up to respond... how can we trust att now...never will i buy any product with att for the rest of my life i promise, maybe its a mistake

Message 10 of 26
ACE - Expert

@Wowcantbeleive wrote:

if my bill increased 33 percent from month to the next att wll no longer be a service i use, thier reply regarding infomercials is weak, to say its a needed increase...or even valid with the prices goes up, and then say its not their responability for content...is the the most unhonorable thing i have seen in business, good thing my contract has been over for a year, when responding your email, make sure you dont use the email associated with your bill when sighning up to respond... how can we trust att now...never will i buy any product with att for the rest of my life i promise, maybe its a mistake

Compare your current and past bills.  What line item accounts for a 33% increase?  This is highly unusual.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 26
Contributor

I’m trying to help my 84 year old dad resolve a billing dispute that has caused DirecTV to now move his account to collection.

Every time we call in, they rave about the number of years he’s been a loyal customer of 25 years and NEVER resolve the issue.  I guess that’s the pay back for sticking with them all those years!!!

Shame on you, Mr. Michael White CEO!  

My dad cancelled his service because of poor health and moving out of state to live with me. After canceling, they still had his credit card in their system and took an automatic payment of $129.12 on his VISA card on file.

They agreed it was in error and issued a rewards card.  What a horrible way to treat anyone, let alone someone who has been a customer 25 years.  You should have immediately refunded his VISA card.

Well, the rewards card which is issued by a third party vendor never arrived (sent out back in March).  You get the same rude customer service people at ATT who just hang up on you.  The one representative named “Angel” (funny how three different agents names wee Angel...I joked that they must all be Angels...NOT!), said we could call the rewards vendor and find out where the card for $129.12 is.  I said why on earth would it be my dad’s responsibility to track down a rewards card.

So, my dad called his bank and disputed the charge and they reversed it.  Now DirecTV sent his closed account of $129.12 to collections.  Really, he never received the refund and since the charge was reversed on his VISA card, it’s like he didn’t pay the $129.12.  They are trying to collect because some third party vendor issued a rewards card which was never received.  HEY, STAY WITH DIRECTV BECAUSE THEY TREAT THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS OF 25 YEARS GREAT....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

Message 12 of 26
Contributor

ready for this kicker? Spectrum Called (that's what my caller ID showed) offering me a promotional rate come to find out it was not spectrum but DIRECT TV using a phony number to show spectrum they also said how spectrum and Direct tv was merging and if I don't take this promotional offer I will pay a higher invoice forever . Later I called spectrum for additional questions come to find out it was not them who called, of course I called Direct tv back and cancelled my order I dont know about you but am I calling Direct Tv or India ? Maybe Pakistan ? I couldn't understand what they were saying and once I informed them my name,  they would repeat my name incorrectly and if I repeat my phone number they would only get two numbers correct. Of course every name is an American name like John or Johnanthan really ? Well I cancelled the same  day they offered "promotional rate" they still charged my credit card and had a technician come to my house one week later after I cancelled also I'm receiving confirmation letters regarding my order dated 5 days after I cancelled. Why? 

Message 13 of 26
ACE - Expert

@Flippers wrote:

ready for this kicker? Spectrum Called (that's what my caller ID showed) offering me a promotional rate come to find out it was not spectrum but DIRECT TV using a phony number to show spectrum they also said how spectrum and Direct tv was merging and if I don't take this promotional offer I will pay a higher invoice forever . Later I called spectrum for additional questions come to find out it was not them who called, of course I called Direct tv back and cancelled my order I dont know about you but am I calling Direct Tv or India ? Maybe Pakistan ? I couldn't understand what they were saying and once I informed them my name,  they would repeat my name incorrectly and if I repeat my phone number they would only get two numbers correct. Of course every name is an American name like John or Johnanthan really ? Well I cancelled the same  day they offered "promotional rate" they still charged my credit card and had a technician come to my house one week later after I cancelled also I'm receiving confirmation letters regarding my order dated 5 days after I cancelled. Why? 

Sounds like a scam.  Never believe what's shown on your Caller ID.  

Message 14 of 26
Tutor

I am trying to get Direct tv back at my new address instead of uverse. When I called a direct tv consultant to get everything set up they stated i had a bill in collections. I had direct tv cable and internet in my home at address 1615 17th St. for about 3 months. I called numerous times about the service outage and I was always told that there was a tower down or connection failure in that area. When i decided to just end my service I was told i woldnt be charged for breaking contract and that they would clear my balance since I was never able to have decent service at my address. Well since I am in a new location when i tried to get service I was told that I had a past due bill as well as charges from equipment that I turned in the same month i got uverse to fed ex.

Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support