Contract End Date

Contributor

Contract End Date

I would like to know my contract date.

Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contract

You will have to contact them by phone to get that information. It is normally two years from the start of your account or your last upgrade, unless you have suspended the account or other factors. 

Message 2 of 14
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-29-2016 12:01 PM

You need to call DirecTV at 1-800-DIRECTV and ask the support rep to look that up for you. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 14
Tutor

Since you have the customer I.D. and personal information after a login, it would be much more expeditious and convenient to be able to access this information online rather than having to place a phone call, waiting for a representative and for an answer. I find no logical reason for this information not to be available online.

Message 4 of 14
ACE - Expert

I think it's because they want the opportunity to sell you more stuff.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 14
Tutor

Ya I tried that but who do you call when they're not open

Message 6 of 14
Tutor

I don't care if they want to try to sell me something I want to find out now when my contract date is up where can I find this information on the call centers are closed

Message 7 of 14
ACE - Expert

Call back when they're open. 

Message 8 of 14
ACE - Expert

There is a big logical reason why you have to call in. The most common reason to ask about an agreement is someone is, or is thinking about, canceling service. So they want a live agent to discuss the situation with you to see what they can do to keep you as a satisfied customer. And if their options don't work for you, they have to advise you about the cancellation process so you know what to expect.

When you next call and get the voice system, say "cancel" and it should route you to a department that can look at your service agreement. Directv is open late, though the AT&T side has more traditional business hours.

Customer Service

800.531.5000 | Pay Bill Order Movies Refresh Your Receivers
General support is available every day, 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. ET
Technical support is available 24 hours a day

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 9 of 14
Tutor

It shows on your on line statement.  It's at the bottom, it tells you the date you are able to upgrade . Mine side November 2018. 

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

@Mima5683

Not the same thing. Your service agreement date and an upgrade date can be different because it is not just equipment that affects the service agreement.

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

great idea only the online info is more vague that the phone conversations    man  dish here i come

Message 12 of 14
Contributor

thanks now that sounds like i can get somewhere

Message 13 of 14
ACE - Expert

@me1259 wrote:

great idea only the online info is more vague that the phone conversations    man  dish here i come

Huh?

You responded to a thread from months ago so not sure exactly what you are referring to.

To recap if it helps: To find out service agreement, you call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000. Your date to be eligible for a free upgrade may be different than your service agreement. This is because some discounts or programming offers come with a service agreement themselves. Even moving without upgrading equipment renews the agreement for 12 months.

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support