Helpful Links

Complete change to screen format

Tutor

Complete change to screen format

This is frustration.  On Friday the 13th turned on one of our TV's and the whole screen format has changed,  banner,menu, list.  Called Directv and spoke to 7 different people and none, none knew about these changes.   What a way to run a company.   The channel number is no longer at the top left of the screen, but to the right in small numbers.   The list of recordings is awful and not easy to navigate.   What's the deal with these dramatic changes, especially when no one at Directv knows anything about the change?????

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Master

Re: Complete change to screen format

got a pic?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 17
Tutor

Yes have a picture, again the whole format has changed as of Oct 13th.    Are you aware of the changes????   I live in Los Angeles County, Ca.  It is awful and can find no one at ATT directv that knows anything about it.

Message 3 of 17
ACE - Master

hasnt changed on the east coast.

could be a software upgrade

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 17
Tutor

It is not a software change, the last one was in September.   Thanks anyway, but no one hear has an answer.

Message 5 of 17
Tutor

oops hear, should have been here in my previous post.

Message 6 of 17
Highlighted
Contributor

It is an upgrage ....

Welcome to the new UI AT&T/DIRECTV plans to eventually implement across all their platforms ...

DIRECTV Satellite, DIRECTV Now, and U-verse.

It's been in beta testing for a few weeks  now and still had some major bugs last I checked. So I'm somewhat surprised it's being released nationally already. But I guess DIRECTV feels it's ready for prime time ...

Message 7 of 17
Tutor

hotat2 are you an AT&T employee?   If not how do you know this is an upgrade that is in Beta testing?  It is totally frustrating Directv support and no one knows anything about it,  what a way to run a company when a customer since 1998 can't get an answer.  SAD. 

Message 8 of 17
ACE - Master

beta testing is done by anyone. its part of the cutting edge program

there is all kinds of info about it on the internet if you look

Message 9 of 17
Tutor

mdram4x4    I think you missed my original question.   I don't need an answer about Beta testing or looking it up.   At least another person indicated it is in Beta testing.

Message 10 of 17
Scholar

What are the model numbers of your DIRECTV equipment?

Message 11 of 17
Contributor

But it "was" in beta testing last to my knowledge. I still have the last beta version installed on my HR54 ver. "0xFE1" as part of the CE program.

And I just found out this morning it was being released nationally. Which is somewhat surprising because it still had a number of issues with bugs.

Also, no I'm not an AT&T employee. But am a participant in the CE program for testing amd evaluating pre-release software.

Message 12 of 17
Tutor

Thank you for the information, guess I am stuck with it.  Had to reset the Genie this morning as I would input channel numbers and it would not work.  Did a reset and that resolved that issue.    Some times those that program, etc., do not take into consideration if the customer will like the changes.  Again been with Directv since 1998 and up to Oct 13th have been a satisfied customer.   Gee you would think that AT&T directv would give the customers a headsup of changes coming their way.

Message 13 of 17
ACE - Expert

I'm also very surprised to see the new user interface is now being rolled out nationally.  I really don't think it's ready for mass consumption yet.  I considered testing it but decided not to after reading the comments in the cutting edge forum. 

Message 14 of 17
ACE - Expert

A small number of people seem to have received this software even though it still seems to be a work in process. As hotat2 says, most people involved in the beta test feel it's not ready for primetime, and I still suspect sending it to others was an error, and that the reason noone has released any info on the new interface is that they are not supposed to.  certainly none of the CSRs know anything about it. It is possible to revert to the old interface but there are some issues with that and until they are resolved i don't feel comfortable posting how you might do this.

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV Account Board! Check out our helpful articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Have a billing concern? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support