Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Charge for regional sports fee ?

Contributor

Charge for regional sports fee ?

I was charged $1.97 on my last bill for regional sports fee ? What is this ?
Message 1 of 17
Tutor

I do not know where your coming from but this is a scam!! I have Select, which you say does not have RSN's. For my area code the only possible RSN's are channel 674, 676, neither of which I can tune into (I checked with ATT to find these). I do not subscribe to or use and sport networks, yet I am being charged 8.49 per month. None of this was disclosed upon signup and my bill never showed the charge until just as the 2nd year of the contract was coming up and it was never detailed in my order confirmation ( I went back and looked)!! Not everyone gets direct TV for the sports. I am in an area that the only way to get TV is by Satellite. 

Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@gmcurbe03 

The only packages that charge the RSN fee are Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premier or their equivalent grandfathered packages as they all have the RSNs.

Family, Select, Entertainment, the special package Preferred Xtra and their equivalent grandfathered packages do not charge the RSN fee as they do not have the RSNs.

If you are on Select then the RSN fee charging would be an error, unless you recently switched from a package that has RSNs where you are seeing the last charge for it. So you would need to call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 about it.

A billing error is not a scam, though it is indeed a problem. You are the only one I have ever heard of seeing an RSN fee with the Select package. So I wonder if it is another hiccup with them migrating everyone to the new billing account system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support