Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Cancelling nfl Sunday ticket

Contributor

Cancelling nfl Sunday ticket

If I cancel the Sunday ticket now, will I stopped being charged for the rest of the season?

Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-15-2019 7:37 PM

No, the season has started so you can no longer cancel it, it's non refundable and non cancelable  once the season starts, ALL sports subscriptions are this way with ALL providers.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎09-17-2019 12:27 PM

No as you pay for the season, not each month you have it. You just have the option to do a one-time payment or split over 6 installments.

You only have until the season starts to opt out. Once the season has started, you are secured for that season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 9
Contributor

The NFL ticket was charged to my account without my authorization. They said they sent me an email regarding this. I did not order this service and do not want this service and want my money back. I do not care what AT&T or Direct TV says about no refunds. I have never even watched this program and I am sure they can check into that on my account. This is actually fraud for billing something that was not authorized. I have already asked about this during a 20 minute phone call with five different people. This practice of billing for a service that was not authorized is unlawful and just wrong. I will go as far as I need to go to resolve this problem. Cable TV or Dish TV is looking better all the time and they will pay me to cancel my service. I have never had an issue with my Direct TV that could not be resolved until now. This needs to be fixed. Just because you sent out an email regarding this it may go to junk even if i did see it I did not order it!!!!! get it. please respond to this and maybe others with this same issue will come forward as well.

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Expert

@RJK4truth This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. Very unlikely you get a response from Directv. If you were a new customer last year, you got Sunday Ticket for free. That is a standard offer for new customers. As part of that offer you are automatically enrolled in auto-renewal. In other words, the charge for Sunday Ticket was not unauthorized, it was something you agreed to whether you realized it or not. You had until the start of the season to cancel. Not only was there an email notice, your charges should have started in July or August. Had you just reviewed your bill, you should have had ample time to cancel before the season started. No guarantee you can get it resolved to your satisfaction but to escalate, file an FCC complaint. That will get you a response from the Office of the President. If they can’t or won’t resolve, no one will. 

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

@RJK4truth wrote:

The NFL ticket was charged to my account without my authorization. They said they sent me an email regarding this. I did not order this service and do not want this service and want my money back. I do not care what AT&T or Direct TV says about no refunds. I have never even watched this program and I am sure they can check into that on my account. This is actually fraud for billing something that was not authorized. I have already asked about this during a 20 minute phone call with five different people. This practice of billing for a service that was not authorized is unlawful and just wrong. I will go as far as I need to go to resolve this problem. Cable TV or Dish TV is looking better all the time and they will pay me to cancel my service. I have never had an issue with my Direct TV that could not be resolved until now. This needs to be fixed. Just because you sent out an email regarding this it may go to junk even if i did see it I did not order it!!!!! get it. please respond to this and maybe others with this same issue will come forward as well.

Most intro offers include NFL Sunday Ticket for the first season. If ever you have it, either from the intro offer or choosing to add it later, it automatically renews each year until you choose to call and opt out. The email order confirmation goes over all of this. The June bill shows renewal notice, July the 1st of 6 installments, and you have until season starts in September to opt out.

You may not care that DirecTV does not refund the NFL Sunday Ticket once the season has started, but that is how it works regardless of your feelings. And no they cannot see if you have watched it or not as satellite service is one way. They have no clue what you watch, only what is on your account. Your not reading your emails, or it going to the "junk" folder that you choose to empty without checking through it, does not work in your favor as that is just like throwing away letters in the mail which is on you not them.

If the NFL Sunday Ticket was added after the season started, that is another matter. You would call DirecTV to dispute it being added. If an agent accessed the account without you calling, then that should be an easy dispute. If an agent added it during a previous call, hopefully the research goes well.

But in the end you call them. This is simply a public forum with no account access.

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I have tried calling them and they said they would opt me out for the rest
of the season however i still see it being billed to my account. your note
blaming me for not checking my mail or email junk is just a snide remark
from you and I do not appreciate it. I am sure most everyone who gets so
many emails from AT&T and Direct TV are truly tired of getting and trying
to read another email. The basic fact is I did not sign up, opt in or what
ever you call it is just a scam as far as I am concerned. So what I am
reading from you is that its on me and tough crap you truly do not care
about customer service. I will call again and see how far I get this time.
Message 7 of 9
ACE - Expert

@RJK4truth Once again, the charges were on your bill prior to the start of the season. Even if you didn’t receive or read any emails, you would have seen the charges on the bill if you reviewed your bill. No one is being snide, that is just stating a fact.  Also we are other customers. What we think about customer service is irrelevant. 

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

@RJK4truth 

Nothing snide about it, was just blunt on the reality of the situation. Not saying you must read through every communication sent, but I would at least skim the topics to see if it is something you want to go over in more detail or not. However, the monthly bill should never be ignored. Even if you just are aware of the total amount, you would see if there are any changes you wish to address so wouldn't be surprised months later.

Auto renew of the NFL Sunday Ticket is not fraud as it is the Terms of the Service, even if just from the intro offer. But if it was not the auto renew, but added later by an agent, then that would be a problem.

I infer from your ending comment "caring about customer service" that you believe I am an employee. As mentioned in my prior post, I am a customer like you, not an employee. Just experienced enough to understand how many things work.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support