Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cancelling my Directv & AT&T Service immediately, Not have to wait til my Billing cycle

Contributor

Cancelling my Directv & AT&T Service immediately, Not have to wait til my Billing cycle

WI would like to cancel my services, Directv & AT&T, but I’m being told I have to wait til my Billing cycle ends.

I have not have good service , AUDIO OR VIDEO the past 3 months when I got upgraded, wireless boxes. Screen would go black then white when switching channels, this happened on all my Tv’s ( 3 ).

when picked a show to watch from My Recordings ,while watching it all of a sudden it goes back to Live TV.

i disconnected all boxes from Directv, AT&T routers,.had SPECTRUM, local Cable installed on 4/16/2019, yes that was yesterday. Now finding I have to pay for the next TWO WEEKS, because that’s when my Billing cycle ends.

how hard is it for some technical people to make an adjustments to cancel my subscription effective immediately.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎04-16-2019 8:46 AM

Re: Cancelling my Directv & AT&T Service immediately, Not have to wait til my Billing cycle

You can cancel at anytime but your final month of service is not prorated. You will pay for the full month whether you use it or not, so you might as well use it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Cancelling my Directv & AT&T Service immediately, Not have to wait til my Billing cycle

AT&T/DirecTV, like many companies, no longer prorates their bills. This policy changed late last year. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

What a ripoff to not cancel immediately!!  That's just a way for AT&T to try to keep a little money since SOOO many people are cancelling their service including myself.  I got away from AT&T phone service years ago because of absolutely AWFUL service and then DirecTV pushes all of us customers to the already bottom-of-the-barrel customer service group AT&T.  I will never, and I mean NEVER go with AT&T service again through any source. Rip off, poor customer service, lack of basic channels with a whopping one-time $5 credit is absurd!

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

Policy changed this year with notice in November 2018. Many companies simplify billing this way. So it is up to you to use the full service or not.

Please read this if you receive DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse® TV, AT&T Internet, AT&T Phone, and/or AT&T Fixed Wireless service(s). We want to remind you that you’re billed in advance for recurring service(s) and/or programming charges and applicable fees based on the terms of your current service agreement(s) with us. Starting January 14, 2019, subject to applicable laws, we’re updating your agreement(s) to include your recurring service(s)/programming charges and fees won’t be prorated if you cancel the above service(s) on any day other than the last day of your billing cycle. Your service(s) will continue until the end of your billing cycle but you won’t get a refund (prorated credits) for any remaining days left in your billing cycle. For products not listed above, refer to their terms of service for more information.

Questions about this change? Go to att.com/ProrationPolicy for more information and to see the revised section of your service agreement(s).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to maintain your AT&T Account. View AT&T Account Help!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support