Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cancel protection plan

Contributor

Cancel protection plan

How do I cancel my protection plan? I don't see the option. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Cancel protection plan

You have to call/chat for that.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Cancel protection plan

The same way you cancel any other optional service. Call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000.

Remember without the protection plan service calls are $99, delivery of replacement receiver/clients $19.95, and replacement remotes are $15.

Without the protection plan it is still possible to get a free equipment upgrade (though might have to pay for delivery/service call), but there is no guaranteed timeline like with the protection plan. If you are planning an upgrade and have a free one available, might be worth it to take advantage before removing the plan just so you got the most out of it. Before doing so post the model numbers of your current boxes so that other experienced customers could give guidance as some agents from the AT&T side are still learning what existing setups can work with newer ones.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support