Explore & discover

Helpful Links

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIDICULOUS

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIDICULOUS

OVER THE LAST 4 DAYS WE HAVE SPOKEN WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE AT LEAST 6 DIFFERENT TIMES, NUMEROUS DIFFERENT AGENTS, AND FINALLY A "MANAGER" LAST NIGHT.  I DON'T KNOW WHERE THESE PEOPLE ARE TRAINED, BUT NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE A GRIP ON REALITY.  THE ISSUE STARTED WHEN WE LOST OUR LOCAL CHANNELS AND REALIZED THAT WE ARE PAYING $102 FOR BASICALLY NOTHING.  THEY DON'T OFFER INTERNET IN OUR AREA, SO WE CAN'T USE MOST OF THE FEATURES.  A LARGE PORTION OF THE CHANNEL LINEUP IS INFOMERCIALS, AND NOW, WE HAVE TO USE AN ANTENNA ( WE ALREADY HAVE ONE OF OUR OWN) TO ACCESS LOCAL CHANNELS.  

WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY CAN'T CALL YOU BACK OR GIVE THEIR NAMES OR ID'S.  THEN WE WERE TOLD THAT THAT IS A LIE.  WE WERE TOLD THAT THEY ARE STILL BILLING OUR OLD ADDRESS, THEN WE WERE TOLD THAT THEY AREN'T.  

WE TRIED TO GET THE BILL DOWN TO A REASONABLE PRICE FOR WHAT WE CAN USE, AND WERE TOLD THEY CAN GIVE US A DISCOUNT FOR 3 MONTHS.... 

THE FINAL STRAW WAS THE SURLY MANAGER LAST NIGHT THAT TOLD US THAT HE COULD CANCEL OUR SERVICE AND WE WOULD BE SHUT OFF IN 3-4 HOURS......... APPARENTLY HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT THEY DON'T CANCEL TILL THE END OF THE BILLING CYCLE, BECAUSE IT IS STILL ON..........

I AM STILL WAITING ON THE EMAIL WITH CALL TAGS FOR OUR EQUIPMENT............

WHEN WE MOVED IN OCTOBER, WE TRANSFERRED SERVICE, AND DISCOVERED THEY DON'T OFFER INTERNET.  THEY SENT ME A CALL TAG FOR THE INTERNET EQUIPMENT, AND CONTINUED TO CHARGE ME FOR SERVICE.  I CALLED TO FIX THAT, THEY SENT ME ANOTHER CALL TAG (I ALREADY SENT MY EQUIPMENT BACK WITH THE FIRST ONE).  GUESS WHAT!  THEY CHARGED ME FOR NOT RETURNING MY EQUIPMENT.  IT TOOK ME 4 MONTHS AND HOURS OF PHONE TIME TO GET THAT STRAIGHTENED OUT..... AFTER THEY SHUT ME OFF FOR NON-PAYMENT.....  THEY ONLY THING THAT SAVED ME WAS I TOOK A PICTURE OF THE ORIGINAL CALL TAG AND TRACKED IT BACK TO THEIR OFFICE.....

I HAVE BEEN WITH AT&T FOR 20 YEARS.......... THIS HAS TRULY BEEN THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE YET. 

Message 1 of 23
ACE - Expert

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIDICULOUS

Then why are you posting? You've given us no information at all.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 23
ACE - Expert

@Chart77 wrote:

I didnt answer the questions because it says you are a customer and dont work for them, I have little interest in debating with someone that cant resolve the issue.

Then why post in a public forum if you didn't want to discuss or debate anything?

Being a long term experienced customer of 20 odd years, most of which on my own account, I can provide relevant information. A missing channel but offered a $5.99 pack to reinstate it doesn't match, provided you didn't recently remove that pack of course. That is the cost of the Movies Extra Pack, formally called the HD Extra Pack. One channel is in a few packages as of a few years ago and another was recently gone because of negotiations with the owner CBS which has resolved (not to be confused with the Nexstar affiliate).

In this forum we customers try to help each other out. Sometimes we can provide better guidance than employees, especially if those employees are new (or perhaps transferred from the AT&T side so are new to DirecTV itself).

So it is possible we can verify the correct options for the channel. If it is indeed an error, then you keep at DirecTV to resolve. If by chance it is not an error, then you know that continuing to dispute with DirecTV would get you nowhere and you can move on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 23
Employee

@captjacksprrw 

Someone told you to correct the dish alignment yourself? That's crazy.

If you're getting the authorized for 0 locations OSD then it's possible that your recordings are only missing because the services on the receiver are wrong / account shows wrong receiver ID. Probably when they tried to swap it (and the 'not compatible' with your Samsung TV sounds...odd).

Sounds like it's been an ordeal, and it shouldn't have been. Hopefully the technician coming out tomorrow gets you taken care of.

Mark

@captjacksprrw wrote:

I agree.  We had a simple receiver error (920) which states signal alignment issue.  The first call resulted in the young lady telling me that I needed to go up and re-align my dish.  Another call back and they scheduled a tech.  The tech never touched the dish, tried to install a newer box; said the box was not compatible with our TV (a 1 year old Samsung smart TV) then put back the original box.  As soon as the system was powered off and later turned on, all recordings, etc wiped.  In addition, we saw the same error and now have zero TV.  He wiped our entire receiver setup and we get a new error saying 0 receivers authorized.  I called back about that and was assured that a supervisor would call at 9 AM and then be at the house.  So we wasted one day to obliterate our system and then today's (7-25-19) appointment never happened.  It took 4 calls back in order to get a straight answer and now supposedly a supervisor tech is to come out tomorrow AM.  So now day 3 of rearranging our schedules.  This is not worth it.  If they come then fine, try to fix it but I am calling our local cable provider at lunch time today for a quote and will be switching.  Also, I have been a loyal AT&T Cell/home customer for many years but their handling of this and repeated dropped cell calls in my home within city limits (yes, reported over a dozen times via Mark the spot) we are very seriously considering moving all of our business away from AT&T. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 23
Employee

@Juniper @Chart77 

5.99 would also be the price of the Sports pack under some discounts or when bundled with some of the premiums.  Was it a channel in the 600s? The RSNs can be tricky with pro sports if it was a MLB thing and I know a lot of agents struggle with explaining that. I

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 23
ACE - Expert

@mark_mt 

That is a fair point if the price quoted was not full individual cost but a temporary discount, or the built-in bundle discount of premiums.

But we are just going to be speculating until @Chart77 actually provides the most important information, which would be the missing channel. Granted knowing exactly what programming package they are on, or currently what add-on packs of channels they have, would help narrow down if they are supposed to have it with their current setup. If a local channel or RSN, then zip code would be relevant as that would be market specific.

Since they had so much trouble over the phone, supposedly with outsourced agents, then they could try getting some guidance here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 20 of 23
Teacher

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, bad policies, bad company

Message 21 of 23

AT&T has the absolute worst customer service EVER. You think Sprint had a reputation for bad customer service, I was a Sprint customer for 14 years. Their customer service was 5 Stars compared to AT&T. Don't move your service here and if you have, LEAVE AS SOON AS YOU CAN. And be careful,  they will LIE and try to TRICK you into a 2 year contract with heavy penalties without even telling you.

Message 22 of 23

@ HATE AT&T. Liars, cheaters, crappy customer service. I wish AT&T  would just die as a corporation. 

Message 23 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support