Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Billing

Tutor

Billing

I would really like a number to someone in the United States  that I can call to get my discount renewed on my DirectTV bill. Last year I was able to speak to someone locally, and it was resolved in a few minutes. I have spent hours today talking to people in other countries who are reading scripts and not really listening to me. I am not getting anywhere.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Professor (ACE - Professor)
Accepted by nabukl
‎01-29-2019 6:36 PM

Re: Billing

There is no such number to guarantee anything about the agent (where they are personally located, where they were born, male or female, cultural background, etc.). You call 1-800-531-5000 and get the next agent regardless.

There is no "renewing" of discounts. Sometimes you may qualify for a new discount, which might be the same as one you've had before, but promotions are subject to change. Review the channels you watch and see if they are in a lower costing package. Review any optional services you have. Certainly ask if a new discount might be available, but do not expect there to be one in order to afford the service as they are a temporary perk. If you cannot afford the service without discounts, then you cannot afford it.

If you feel the agent is not listening to you, then request a supervisor. That would be an issue that has no bearing on where they are located.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I really need a number to the executive offices.I need someone to get a hold of.Tired of my bill raising up all the time!

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

There is no public number to the "executive offices". They don't allow that information out. If you want to discuss your bill you call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000.

Bill would not raise up "all the time". Discounts are not permanent as they last only for so many months as shown on the bill. DirecTV has had an annual price adjustment, the last several years unfortunately, because of increasing costs from the network. Again this is not "all the time" but once a year. Notice goes out in December, with adjustment usually showing on bill in a couple months. I kept the latest notice for reference so I will share it here:

Thank you for enjoying DIRECTV. We appreciate your business and are proud to offer the ultimate entertainment experience.

We realize getting maximum value is a top priority for you, which is why we work hard to provide choices you want at rates that make sense. Due to increased costs of programming, an adjustment in the price of our programming packages is necessary.

New rates will be in effect on January 20, 2019, as indicated at att.com/2019pricing.

When you signed up for DIRECTV, you may have received a promotional discount on your programming package, and you will continue to receive those discounts. Once your promotional period ends, you will be charged at our new programming package prices.

If you change your current base package, you may no longer be eligible for the promotional discount on your programming package and other promotions. Base packages will continue to include local channels where available. If DIRECTV does not offer local channels in your area, most programming packages are $3/month less than the base package price. Go to directv.com/locals to check availability by ZIP Code.

For more information, go to att.com/2019pricing.

The Regional Sports Fee will increase by $0 to $1.90 per month, depending on the market. Go to att.com/2019pricing to learn the new monthly amount of your Regional Sports Fee.

Programming, pricing terms and conditions subject to change at any time. Pricing is residential. Taxes not included. Receipt of DIRECTV programming is subject to the terms of the DIRECTV Residential Customer Agreement, a copy is provided at att.com/legal and with your order confirmation.

Thanks for choosing us,

AT&T

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support