Explore & discover

Helpful Links

***BEWARE****DIRECTV Visa Gift Card is a SCAM!!!!

Contributor

***BEWARE****DIRECTV Visa Gift Card is a SCAM!!!!

We decided to switch from Comcast to Directv. This was the biggest mistake I have made! On October 25, 2017, I was promised a Visa Reward Card, along with a $100 credit for my inconvenience. I called back a few days later to check on the status, and they are claiming they have no record of it. On my recent activity, there is a line that says "Cash Back Offer." I explained that to the lady today, November 14, 2017, and she basically implied I was a liar. She said she was stating facts. I am a professional, and I do not feel like I was treated like I should have been. I am very upset with Directv, and at this point, unless something changes, I am not sure I will be renewing service with them. When I go to the reward center online, a page pop up that says "server happy." Not sure what this is about, but I would like to receive what I was promised. I may need to contact the Better Business Bureau!!!

Message 1 of 30
Tutor

Re: ***BEWARE****DIRECTV Visa Gift Card is a SCAM!!!!

"Forgetting the details" or lack of proper training shouldn't punish me from receiving my $200 gift card. In my industry we've given customers THOUSANDS of dollars to make things right and to keep them coming back. AT&T lost me and anyone else looking to go with Directv over $200. Remember, word of mouth spreads fast.

Message 16 of 30
Contributor

This also happened to me only the promotion was $300 visa gift card plus they offered a 200  gift card because of three months of hassle with my move!  Well I got the 200 but not the 300 promotion and now they say that never happened!  Why would I accept a 200 gift card when the promotion was 300! Now I’m in another contract!  This company is the worst o will be disconnecting as soon as my contract iup

Message 17 of 30
Contributor

The link above does not work.

Message 18 of 30
ACE - Expert

@sugarluvbug wrote:

The link above does not work.

What link are you talking about?  This link?

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/rebates/rebatesCenter.jsp?lpos=Footer:2

What do you mean "doesn't work?"  It took me here:

image.png

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 30
Contributor

It didn't work for me, I kept getting an error message. However this link worked for me

https://rewardcenter.att.com/home.aspxscreen.PNG

Message 20 of 30

We are going through the same exact thing.  We signed up for service in November 2017.  The only reason why we chose Direct TV was because with that $200 Visa rewards card it worked out to be a little cheaper, as long as you use it to pay they bill.  We had an issue with our installation and we were offered an additional $100 for our troubles.  We never received a letter in the mail to redeem our rewards so we contacted Direct TV, we were told that they would escalate this issue and we would see something in the mail within 7 business days.  A month later we called back saying we still haven't seen anything, we got the same song and dance, "we are really sorry, I'll escalate this and get it resolved".  Fast forward to yesterday, May 8th, after numerous calls, we were told that there have been major issues with these rewards, and that they would add an additional $100, making the total card now $400.  He said everything is documented, they can see we've been calling for 6 months, we would just need to call AT&T rewards the next day, May 9th.  I was on hold for a while so I decided to do the online chat, and I got to chat with someone immediately.  At first they were apologetic, and would get to the bottom of it and resolve our issue.  We were then told that they were sorry we didn't see the letter they sent out in December, but the offer expired, and there was nothing they can do, we would have to call Direct TV back to see what they can offer, and that was that.  We called Direct TV and they finally said the same thing, the offer expired, sorry you didn't see the letter, you probably tossed it thinking it was junk.  They said that there wasn't anything they could do about the promised additional $200 for our troubles, which is documented by the way, and there wasn't anything they could do for the original $200 Visa card because the offer expired.  Basically they can make all of the promises they want to make you happy at the time of the phone call, and than eventually say there is nothing they can do about any of it.  Great customer service!  

Message 21 of 30
Contributor

They promised me a $300 visa gift card and said I would get it In the mail within 6-8 weeks. That was January when I signed up. So I called and asked where my card was and they said that my rewards expired last month!!! I never recieved anything! They said they mailed me a letter and also emailed me the info as well which is Bull crap bc I have every email from them And the I KY letters I have gotten from them are bills!! They also liked when I signed up for services saying I could bundle with century link the lady told me a date the people were gonna come and everything so I waited around that entire day then called century link and they have no idea who I am so I call directv back and they say it's not available to bundle in my area!!! I really want to cancel at this point but I knkw they will screw me with terminatiom fees!! 

Message 22 of 30
Tutor

I wouldn't say the rewards car is a scam, but I would say it's somewhat dishonest....

I switched to DirectTV about a year ago because it seemed like a good deal. I was promised a $220 reward card but never received it. I had called a few months after installation and someone at AT&T/directTV told me that it was coming, but it never came. Now it's approaching a year and when I called about it again, they said it was too late. I got the run around and called customer service, rewards, and I think their loyalty department. What I found out was that I was supposed to receive a letter in the email and an email that I was supposed to respond to and that the grace period had expired.    This is somewhat dishonest of AT&T. Why do I have to respond to a reward card that was already promised to me? Sending mail and email is a good way to fail to reach me since I receive so much junk mail. I think this is part of their strategy is to hope that many will not claim their reward card. Anyways, I've been a AT&T wireless customer for many years and I'm planning to switch to another carrier soon. Also, I'm willing to pay over $200 just to break my current contract to switch to another cable or satellite company. This is how angry I am about this. I usually don't switch often.  

Message 23 of 30
Contributor

Did this get resolved? [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 24 of 30
Highlighted
Contributor

that link gives you a blank page that shows    server happy

which is good that the server is happy because the customers are not.  Switching back to Directv was a huge mistake for me.  

Message 25 of 30
Former Employee

If you are getting errors trying to access the reward site please call the number below

Reward Center: 

For reward-related questions, please call: 1800.288.9983 
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday. 

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 26 of 30
Contributor

I'm having the same trouble. I was promised $300 in gift cards and have not received them. One rep promised several weeks ago that I should expect them any day. The next rep I talked to says she sees no record. What a scam. I see this issue happens a lot so they are either incompetent or purposely promise a rebate they have no intention of delivering. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 27 of 30
Contributor

Message 28 of 30

I continued to get a run around, and was eventually told the best they could offer was a $75 credit on my account. At that point I told them I want to just cancel my service.
The person on the phone said that since I signed a contract I would have to pay $280 in early termination fees. I told him that since Direct TV can’t keep their promise I’m not going to pay a thing. I then made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, one week later I had a $400 credit on my account which I used to cancel my subscription.

Message 29 of 30
Contributor

I have also been run around over a $300 Reward card that was never provided. They have no record of ever sending me instructions to claim it online or having sent the card itself. Service transfers me to Rewards, Rewards says it expired and sends me back to service. After hours on the phone I must have gotten on someone's radar and got a call one morning from a mysterious Resolutions person who then blind transferred me to a hold queue for an hour and ten minutes that ended up being the same 800 service line I had started with! I tried cancelling with an agent who agreed that I had been treated poorly but would not waive the outrageous cancellation fee. I've written a complain to the Minnesota AG and will next submit something to the BBB. Thanks for the tip!

Message 30 of 30
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support