Explore & discover

Helpful Links

At&t ripped me off Never received $300 Reward Card for Directv

Highlighted
Contributor

At&t ripped me off Never received $300 Reward Card for Directv

I signed up for At&t in July they made me pay a bill that was previously supposed to be taken care of. With me paying that account off they sent me 2 reward cards as a credit. they then sent me a $100 card for signing up for the internet which didnt come for 2 months. When I first signed up it was for Uverse, Phone and Internet. When I moved they did not supply uverse in my area. I was told to cancel that service and I will be contacted about any cable services once available. So I cancelled they sent a notification to me via my account saying that if I add directv to my internet and phone I would be receiving a $300 reward card. Now that its been over a month Im calling and they are saying that they already sent the payment but they havent. I keep telling them to check the dates and I keep getting the run around. I just want them to fix their wrongs and send me my rewards. What can I do? Should I call the better business bureau? Who should I contact because clearly I keep having issues with them.

Message 1 of 10
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by Djinni
‎10-25-2018 12:09 PM

Re: At&t ripped me off Never received $300 Reward Card for Directv

Hello @Nakeemah - Once you logged in there the card actually takes between 4-8 weeks to be sent out. However the redeeming is very time sensitive. if not claimed within 6 weeks of being installed the promotion expires.

Were you offered a DIRECTV Reward? Wondering how to redeem it?

1. Visit our Rebate Center.
  2. Sign In
  3. Redeem Your Reward

Did you get Internet service?  

You may need to redeem your Internet Reward here.

Other Rewards

• If you were offered other rewards for AT&T services not listed here, please visit our Reward Center.
  • If you were offered a reward from BJ's, Costco, Best Buy, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Menards, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Sam's Club, Target & Walmart and you have not received it? Call 1-855-577-1871 for assistance.

Why didn't I receive a Reward? 

• If your reward has expired, you are no longer qualified to redeem it. Unfortunately the community team is unable to assist with items of this nature.
  • You must order new DIRECTV service with an eligible plan.
  • A contract may be required. 
  • Some rewards require qualifying credit.
If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Associated Member

Where did you sign up? Kiosk? Walmart? Via Phone call? what number did you called to sign up? or did someone called you? We need to know these details so we can find what rewards card promotions you are referring to. I do not have an access to check your account. It really takes a lot of time to redeem a rewards card took me almost 3 months to get mine and it is only $100.

\_('.')_/ I hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus. (-*-)
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 10
Former Employee

@Djinni im assuming the $100 the customer got was one of the bonus closer coupons/cards. They get sent directly out to the customer without the need to go to the website to redeem. The missing card needs to go to the redeem/rebate site and apply for it. However unless done today It may be too late. 

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

The $300 offer was listed under offer in the right hand corner when I log into my account. I have spoke with the reward center, sales and customer service no one seems to be able to help. But just want to make customers seem like they're crazy. Obvisously its a ongoing and know problem because there are multiple complaints on this site about it.

Message 5 of 10
Former Employee

@Nakeemah see the issue is its explained how to claim/redeem it in the confirmation email which most people ignore and or delete. The salesmen is each department are currently in the process of being retrained in regards to explaining to customers better how they need to redeem the cards along with what the email says. On that off chance the customer doesn't read the email. That way there can be no confusion

Message 6 of 10
Contributor

No I think you're misunderstanding. No reward was ever giving to me. So I can not redeem something I do not have.

Message 7 of 10
Former Employee

It most likely was, however the rewards are time sensitive, unless tou apply to claim it with x amount of time, the offer expires and its like it never existed.

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

I was given the same promise and only received one gift card for $100.00 after calling them several times. I was then told that the other 2 will come in the mail. I'm still waiting since June, 2018. ATT/DirectTV, if you promise this rewards you MUST deliver!! I'm tired of dealing with monster companies like your thinking that you have the power to do what ever you like, well, i think you are wrong and at this time is no so much about the money but i know for you it is. I will visit the Costo store where i signed up for the service. I will speak to the person in the store and i will get it resolved one way or anther as i have done in the past, If not, ATT it will cost you more than $200.00. You lied and continue to do so to all of us. Do you think I'm just going to sit there and wait until you decide? No amigo!!

Message 9 of 10
Former Employee

Once you logged in there the card actually takes between 4-8 weeks to be sent out. However the redeeming is very time sensitive. if not claimed within 6 weeks of being installed the promotion expires.

Were you offered a DIRECTV Reward? Wondering how to redeem it?

1. Visit our Rebate Center.
  2. Sign In
  3. Redeem Your Reward

Did you get Internet service?  

You may need to redeem your Internet Reward here.

Other Rewards

• If you were offered other rewards for AT&T services not listed here, please visit our Reward Center.
  • If you were offered a reward from BJ's, Costco, Best Buy, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Menards, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Sam's Club, Target & Walmart and you have not received it? Call 1-855-577-1871 for assistance.

Why didn't I receive a Reward? 

• If your reward has expired, you are no longer qualified to redeem it. Unfortunately the community team is unable to assist with items of this nature.
  • You must order new DIRECTV service with an eligible plan.
  • A contract may be required. 
  • Some rewards require qualifying credit.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn more about your DIRECTV account. View DIRECTV Account Help!
Additional Support