Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Anyone one else care to join me in expressing to ATT their awful service and pricing with DirectTV?

Highlighted

Anyone one else care to join me in expressing to ATT their awful service and pricing with DirectTV?

I see many others here who have also experienced terrible customer service.  Personally, I have been with ATT(wireless) for over 20 years and was a satisfied DirectTV  customer for 4 years.  That all changed with some terrible customer service issues.  Due to this, I cancelled my Direct TV yesterday and am free of them.  However, this experience has also prompted me to research other Cell and Home Phone carriers as well.  After all, if ATT has done this with DirectTV then what service line is next.  

If any ATT leadership reads this, here are my personal reasons for leaving you and for seriously shopping my other services as well:

• DirecTV customer service.  For almost 4 years I experienced excellent customer service with prompt attention and resolution to questions, equipment or account issues.  In 2019, however, I am beyond dissatisfied
    • Online chat is not available and when calling about an issue the wait time and multiple hand offs is terrible
    • For technical issues, service and the attitude towards the customer is typically awful.   For example, I totally lost service and had the exact messages and codes.  The first call ended with a lady telling me I should go up and realign my dish.  When a tech finally was dispatched (more calls), he not only did Not resolve the issue but wiped everything off the DVR.  It took 2 more calls to get a tech ou-t who could fix it.  In addition ... and I preface this with I work Health Care and converse daily with many people of Indian, Asian, Middle Eastern, Caribbean and African origin ... It took great effort to try to understand what was being said when I called for assistance.
    • For account issues:  getting through to someone for questions is quite difficult.  The only way I found to get a person who was knowledgeable was to state my issue as cancelling the account
      • The first time, I asked a gentleman to help retain me as a loyal customer as my monthly fee had gone up to $182.  He immediately suggested cutting a bunch of services and even then it would only save about $20 a month.  I asked to speak to a manager for additional assistance and he said that would do no good since the manager would simply sit at his PC and tell me the same thing.  He outright refused to transfer me so I ended the call.
      • Yesterday, I called once more and this time my true intent was to cancel.  This particular gentleman (call on 9-10-2019) truly had good customer service skills.  He tried to find ways to whittle down channels, etc but could also not save more than $20.  Sadly, he explained that he would like to retain a long time customer by offering some sort of loyalty discount but had no way to achieve this.  
  • In all, the entire customer service process has completely tanked and is an abject failure to your consumers
  • Additionally, the employees you have who are trying to retain revenue and customers are not at all empowered to do so
  • Your support process will hand off a caller with an issue many times yet when discussing cost savings will not hand off the call

At this point, I am very happy to be ending my relationship with ATT Direct TV and will avidly work to advise others to consider other choices (e.g. I will have roughly the same content and technology but save $800 per year).  ATT's failure in incorporating DirectTV and retaining its quality has also prompted an earnest search to save money and end my relationship with other ATT entities. 

I encourage everyone who has a similar experience/feeling to reply and perhaps Someone in some level of leadership will look at this and examine their business model. 

Message 1 of 8
Contributor

Re: Anyone one else care to join me in expressing to ATT their awful service and pricing with Direct

I just had a similar experience with Customer Loyalty.  They are unable to provide anything more than a $5 discount on a bill that nearly doubled.  If DTV/ATT aren't willing to actually show loyalty to long time customers then I will be cancelling service.

Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Re: Anyone one else care to join me in expressing to ATT their awful service and pricing with Direct

Same issue..bill went up by $55.00, they don't care. I am cancelling service as well.

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Master

The ATT CEO has stated they want to get rid of customers always asking for credits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8

Haha good business model.  They are succeeding.   I copied this excerpt directly from a Forbes Article.  The same article does mention the fact that consumers on Cable, Sat, etc. are generally getting priced out::   n its earnings presentation on Wednesday, AT&T announced that it had lost 544,000 DirecTV subscribers in the first quarter, bringing the total decline in the past nine months to 1.28 million. Even though the satellite service still has more than 22 million customers, the market did not react well. AT&T’s stock fell by more than 4% by the end of the day, resulting in a $9.5 billion reduction in the media giant’s market cap.

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Master

as sat and cable subs more to streaming, streaming costs will go up

stations will demand more money for thier content

its a matter of time

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8

I agree.  The market will normalize itself eventually but at least with the competition consumers will end with better prices and options. Ideally, if ATT decided to regard it's multi year clients as a more stable revenue base they would offer an incentive (discount) then work to attract new customers.  Fortunately, I'm a Capitalist so no hard feelings I just choose not to add to ATT profits when they won't negotiate.

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Master

they are negotiating.  problem is everyone always wants more money.

providers want to pay less, because it makes subs mad when prices go up

but it also makes subs mad when stations gets blacked out.

stations know this and use it to extort more money

although if a station is blacked out long enough thier ad revenue goes down

there is no right answer

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support