Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Amazon Sponsored Promotion Scam

Highlighted
Contributor

Amazon Sponsored Promotion Scam

I received a call this morning and this scam is going on again! They want you to get an Amazon eGift Card for $440 (2 mos payment) by 10pm tonight. Sounded legit. They called from an AT&T 800 number and even had my home address.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Amazon Sponsored Promotion Scam

It is a scam and not Amazon or ATT sponsored. Pay no attention to the number on caller id, scammers can make a call look like it is coming from from any number they want.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I received the same call today. Scam back on.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

It has never ended.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Got a similar call today regarding E-bay

Message 5 of 6
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by tgreaves
‎09-11-2018 5:16 PM

Please read my recent thread - https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Account/MUST-READ-An-in-depth-look-into-scam-phone-calls/td-p/5647...

It's all about scamming

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support