Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T saying I must upgrade

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T saying I must upgrade

F553DC25-DC08-4FFD-A98D-6464EDCCA414.jpegStandard definition guide

I got a call today from AT&T(aka directv) saying I must upgrade from standard definition to high def I didn’t hear exactly what they said but what is going on? I had no idea the D12 receiver was standard definition I have a slime line HD dish7DFCCEE0-4DDD-418D-8947-450DA85DCF54.jpegDTV SlimeLine

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Micael
‎11-21-2018 8:34 PM

Re: AT&T saying I must upgrade

DTV is shutting down the MPEG2 SD channels in April rendering that receiver obsolete so you have to replace it with an HD receiver H25 or HDDVR HR24. The dish doesn't need replacing.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Oh thanks. Will I still have all my channels because I bought some extra ones like boomerang and gameshow network 

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

What happens if I don’t upgrade by April

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

DirecTV is shutting down the last of their MPEG-2 (SD only) feeds in April 2019. Boxes like D12 will be completely unusable. They have been doing a complimentary swap to MPEG-4 equipment, such as the H25 which is the last HD non-DVR receiver made. They will offer an upgrade as well of course, but up to you if you just do the MPEG swap or the optional upgrade.

Getting newer boxes doesn't remove channels you are getting. You do not buy individual channels. You go to the package that includes those channels. Based on that you have Boomerang and GSN you are in either Preferred Xtra (not Xtra), Ultimate, or the Premier package.

If you don't replace the D12 by April then you are just holding onto a paperweight as it can no longer be used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support