Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Combined Billing: Things to Know

Highlighted
Community Support

AT&T Combined Billing: Things to Know

Combined Billing 4_1.jpg

Combined Billing 4_2.jpg

Please visit our Support Page to learn how you can download you usage details.

Combined Billing 4_3.jpg

If you have any questions concerning prorated charges, simply contact us for more information.

More information on Combining your Bill here.

If you have any issues concerning your Combined Bill, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare 

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 24
Contributor

Bill bundle

How can I bundle my cell phone bill and directv bill so it gets paid together and receive the $10 discount a month in my directv bill?
Message 1 of 24
Former Employee

Re: Bill bundle

Try going here: Combine Bill

Message 2 of 24
Contributor

How do I combine my att bill and my direct tv account to get the 10 dollar discount

Message 3 of 24
Former Employee

Re: How do I combine my att bill and my direct tv account to get the 10 dollar discount

Try starting out here first: Combine Bill

Message 4 of 24
Contributor

Re: How do I combine my att bill and my direct tv account to get the 10 dollar discount

I did this online last month..... then I just get an email saying I need to contact them because they need more information.    I called and was on the phone for about 1/2 hour..... they could not find where I did this online.  After talking to his supervisor, the agent then told me that in order to get the $10 off per month, I could not do it online.  Even though going online "bundled"  it did not combine everything under one account number.   AND, I could not do it as my husband would have to call in and do it since it was his name on both accounts, even though I am listed as an authorized person on the accounts.   WHAT??    

This is what my confirmation email said after I tried to do this online on 9/22/2015:

Your request to combine your bills has been received and is being processed now.

It may take up to two months for the combined bill to take effect at which point you will also receive your discount. Please continue paying your separate bills until your new combined bill is available.

I don't think this is worth the effort after reading all the problems people are having with this.   The agent "didn't even know this could be done online", after I explained to him that all I did was go on the link on their website.   

Message 5 of 24
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTDIRECTVCare
‎01-14-2016 7:43 AM

Re: Things to Know when Combining your Bill

Things to Know when Combining your Bill

Why you should Combine your Bills

• Combining your bill provides you with one bill from AT&T, which can include U-verse, Wireless, and DIRECTV charges.
  • Manage all your service in one account. All your services are on one bill. One overall easy payment to make when your bills are combined.Only one due date to remember.
  • No added costs
  • You may qualify for combined bill discounts.

What to know Before you Combine your Bills

• We recommend paying off your existing Wireless and DIRECTV balance prior to combining your bills.
  • Auto Pay is available on combined bills. Existing Wireless Autopay and DIRECTV Auto Bill Pay does not automatically carry over.
  • Existing discounts on consumer accounts should carry over to your combined bill. Feel free to ask if your account discount would carry over when discussing combining your bill.
  • Transfer of billing responsibility. Once bills are combined, we cannot perform a change of responsibility request. The names on your combined bill cannot be changed after combining your services.
  • Accounts for those in Multi-Dwelling Units (MDU) may not be eligible for combined billing. Feel free to contact us on the forums for more information.
  • Once bills are combined, you can no longer use Plenti points to pay your monthly bill.
  • Existing Wireless customers should download their wireless usage details. After bills are combined, your past wireless text/talk/data usage details will no longer be available. Please visit our Support Page to learn how you can download your usage details.

What to know After you Combine your Bills

• Customers with DIRECTV should use their AT&T Access ID and Password to login to AT&T and DIRECTV online accounts. If your browser automatically logs you in, you might need to clear your cache and cookies on your browser to forget the old login/password.
  • During the first billing cycle, you may get a notification showing Past-Due. This may be due to your previous billing cycle being changed. If you have been charged an incorrect late fee, simply contact us to discuss.
  • If your combined bill account becomes past due, all services are at risk of being suspended.
  • When combining accounts, we may need to run a Credit Check.
  • The first combined bill will include Prorated Charges. If you have any questions concerning prorated charges, simply contact us for more information.
  • Any Combined bill discounts will be applied by your second combined bill.

More information on Combining your Bill here.

If you have any issues concerning your Combined Bill, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy many account login issues!

Message 8 of 24
Community Support

DIRECTV customers should be able to use their AT&T Access ID and Password to login to both the AT&T and DIRECTV online accounts. You might need to clear your cache and cookies on your browser to forget the old login/password. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Message 9 of 24
Tutor

Hello,

We have Directv and Uverse in the same house, but under seperate names, can we combine the two into one bill, I already tried talking to both ATT and Directv customer service but they can't seem to have a straight answer. I wanted to put both under my account, so I'll be able to manage bills on my own.

thanks in advanced.

carlo

Message 10 of 24

This is just another way I got ripped off too. The sales rep was quick to point out this $10.00 per month discount and I have NEVER even received it one time. I have called NUMEROUS times and continually get the runaround with the case numbers and "up to two months" excuse. At this point, it's almost not worth my time to keep calling- but it is the principle. Rip-off.

Message 11 of 24
Tutor

DON'T DO IT, IT IS A NIGHTMARE AND THEY WILL DOUBLE BILL YOU!!!

Message 12 of 24
Contributor

IT WAS A 6 MONTH PROCESS FOR ME! WHEN I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST COMBNED BILL, IT WENT UP! WHEN I CALLED BACK THEY HAD NO EXPLANATION AND TRIED LOOKING FOR OTHER A PROMOTIONS. OF  COURSE THIER WERRE NONE. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE MY OLD DIRECT TV ACCOUNT WENT TO COLLECTIONS. ALTHOUGH WHEN I CALL NO ONE CAN SEE THAT OR FIND OUT WHY? ATT IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Message 13 of 24
Contributor

Dont do it. you will not get the discount. Bill will go up

Message 14 of 24
Contributor

One bill to combine with both ATT and direct should save

I had a direct tv account, my wife had a att account; we were both told if we combined the bills we would save, we put all the accounts in my wifes name, bills aren't combined and no savings. We have called att and direct and get the runaround who is responsible. I have spent time on the land liune getting swapped back an forth and tried on-line chat; can't get anywhere. If I can't save by combining; tell me. I will look elsewhere to get it cheaper.

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support