Explore & discover

Helpful Links

$48.99 credit ? for what?

$48.99 credit ? for what?

I received a text that I got a $48.99 from at&t.  Don't know what it is for.  Looked at my directv account and no explanation there either.  Any guesses?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: $48.99 credit ? for what?

That is an odd amount. I would call DirecTV and have them check the account. See if there were any services added recently but with a charge to cover them. Though a credit covering something like a premium service for up to 3 months might be a valid promotion, just want to make sure it was something you had accepted in the first place and not a very bad employee trying to pull a fast one (or agent had to go back in and make a change after systems came back up and went into the wrong account by accident).

Call them and make sure what that was for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

Text from what number?

Sounds like a scam to me. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Is there actually a credit showing on your account? If not, I’d say scam too, especially if the text required some sort of action on your part.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support