2 year direct TV contract

Contributor

2 year direct TV contract

I was under the impression that when I agreed to the 2 year direct TV contract that we were locked into the price we agreed to for two years. Now I'm seeing on our bill that the 35.00 credit is only good for 12 months. Will there be a price increase after the first year?
Message 1 of 28
Contributor

Re: 2 year direct TV contract

Actually no one in my family liked it. That is why I switched back so quick. also, the guy who did my pricing on the phone didn't include everything, so my bill was higher than quoted.

Message 16 of 28
Scholar

-

Message 17 of 28
Contributor

The way I understand my bill, U-Verse is your land telephone line, called U-Verse Voice on my bill.

My bundeled bill is different just about every month, yet we change nothing.  Go Figure That!

Message 18 of 28
Scholar

What is the Break Down ?

How Much for LAND LINE,

Internet,

TV

Message 19 of 28
Contributor

AT & T dont care about retaining customers. $5 a month credit? Really? wow

Message 20 of 28
Contributor

I just signed up and was quoted for a 2-yr "locked" price per month. I certainly hope that is the case in 365 days from now. DIRECTV seems to be pretty bogus as it were already. They switched out channels on the compare package lineup from my time of signup to installation date. And quoted me $75 more than the original quote. Practice seems illegal. 

Message 21 of 28
Contributor

they will go up every year after the first year, they are not very accommodating in trying to help you keep your bill down. 

Message 22 of 28

Yes, I was told the most I would pay in the second year was around $77/month. My first bill in the second year was $111.51, quite a bit more than the $77/month I was told when signing up. I want to switch to a more affordable provider and was told I still had 11 months on my contract. If they don't abide by the quoted pricing why do we have to honor the contract?

Message 23 of 28
ACE - Professor

madcap72714 wrote:

Yes, I was told the most I would pay in the second year was around $77/month. My first bill in the second year was $111.51, quite a bit more than the $77/month I was told when signing up. I want to switch to a more affordable provider and was told I still had 11 months on my contract. If they don't abide by the quoted pricing why do we have to honor the contract?

look at your previous bills

see the credits there?

see when they expire?

its all there

want to lower the bill?

lower the pack, remove rooms, ect

subscription tv is a luxury, not an entitlement

if you cant, or dont want to, pay the price, dont get it.  use an antenna and receiver your free local stations

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 28
Master

Directv's introductory offers, as your order confirmation will show, are a 24 month agreement because of the investment of equipment and install that they are providing. The intro offers shows a discount for 12 months if you read your order confirmation.

When AT&T and Directv merged, they came out with a special bundle intro offer that if you ordered all 3 services together it would have a price lock on most services for 2 years. That was a special setup.

Some years per an increase in programming costs (what the networks charge Directv to be carried) some of that increase has been passed on to us as a price adjustment near the start of the year. This does NOT happen every year. But unless the cost of networks goes down, it is the nature of the industry. Just like oil prices goes up and we see higher gas prices, no longer the $1.09 per gallon or less when we started.

Read your order confirmation as it spells out exactly what you are getting. If you aren't prepared to pay the regular cost when the special finishes, don't get the service. Discounts, credits even of $5 worth, are not an entitlement. If you are not getting what your order confirmation and terms of service provides, then yes that is a problem. But a 24 month service agreement (contract) is not the same thing as length of discounts, just how long you have agreed to keep Directv Service. Your discounts, even if for one year, are what Directv is agreeing to provide you for that service agreement along with the equipment and install.

Message 25 of 28

I have one tv, so what your saying is you can't trust them to tell the
truth. I asked specifically what my monthly would be when promotion fell
off after year one and was told around $77/month...
Message 26 of 28

I have one tv, so what your saying is you can't trust them to tell the
truth. I asked specifically what my monthly would be when promotion fell
off after year one and was told around $77/month...
Message 27 of 28
Highlighted

That's my point, I was prepared to pay the $77/month I was quoted not the
$111.51 it went to...
Message 28 of 28
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV Account Board! Check out our helpful articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Have a billing concern? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support