Explore & discover

Helpful Links

$199.00 charge

Contributor

$199.00 charge

I'm moving a mile away and they want to charge me $199.00 to transfer my service or $236 early termination fee.  It's not right they are losing a good customer. They say leave the dish but I live in an apartment I cant leave it I will get charged. Im moving to a house that has direct TV already I can take my boxes and just hook them up to that satellite and they can activate it and bill me at my new place. They want more money out of hard working people so I will be switching to cox communications. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: $199.00 charge

That is what it costs if you had service for less then a year, you only get one free move a year, the dish is yours to recycle or garbage.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: $199.00 charge

Account must in good standing with at least a full year of active service since last install before a free move may be qualified. Otherwise a move order is $199 for all customers regardless on how far you move. Just because the place you are moving to has or had DirecTV, doesn't mean it is compatible with your setup. Especially since many older installs will be unusable in a few months because of the MPEG-2 shutdown. So some cabling setups, receiving dishes, and of course MPEG-2 boxes will have to be replaced.

Everything but the receiver and client boxes are your property once installed. DirecTV does not do uninstalls so up to you to arrange removal if needed. Once removed the LNB goes to electronic recycling and the dish itself just with regular metal recycling.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support