Explore & discover

Helpful Links

call center locations

call center locations

dear ATT,  I would like to know just how many call centers and support centers you have located in the United States?

Message 1 of 17
Employee

Re: call center locations

There are at least 28 that I am aware of....

As ATT has several divisions, the call centers are divided between sales, support, and billing (5 call centers for billing)

Mobility (cell), DirecTv, Digital Life, Uverse, Business class, etc.

http://att.jobs/careers

List various positions around the U.S. the company is hiring for... One of the links is for call centers.

At the time of posting this was 12 positions locations in

California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, and 3 in Texas (Austin, Farmers Branch, Lubbock).

I know two calls center in the Milwaukee area, one downtown and one west of downtown a county over. Also multiple centers in Michigan, Ohio, Atlanta, Georgia area, Arizona.

Edit.... Description of posting....

Overview

Love helping people get the most out of their tech? Let your voice be heard on our Call Center team. Here, you’ll connect our customers to the latest cutting edge technologies and gain skills you can use throughout your career.

• Full-Time: may include nights & weekends
  • $10-21+/hr, based on experience and location
Success Profile

What makes a successful Customer Service Representative at AT&T? Check out the traits we’re looking for to see if you have what it takes.

• Compassionate7
  • Good Listener9
  • Helpful10
  • Quick-thinking9
  • Self-starter8
  • Trustworthy10
Customer Service Representative MISSOULA , Montana
Save This Job

WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?

• Start with the paycheck: Customer Care Associates start between $11.00 and $15.58 per hour.
  • Add a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and work/life resources
  • Plus a 50% off your AT&T wireless service and discounts on other AT&T products and services
  • Career possibilities are limitless with AT&T. You will have the chance to round out your experience with training on the latest technology, devices, and our entire lineup of products, services and promotions.
  • If you’re 18 years or older, let’s talk.
Description:

Answers inbound call from customers with billing issues, technical issues or general questions regarding service. Assists customers questions and concerns on all products and services offered by the Company through research and resolution using various tools and systems.  Handles telephone and face-to-face customer contacts. Coordinates with all sales channels for retention efforts on existing customer base. May sell all products and services offered by the Company.  May help collect past due balances or take payments from customers who have been disconnected. Processes credit applications and activates service.  Maintains appropriate records, prepares required reports, and updates customer accounts. Performs other duties as assigned by management.

GENERAL DUTIES

The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title.  Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:

GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:

• Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
  • Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.
  • Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
  • Make recommendations according to customer’s needs.
  • Utilize operational systems to process purchases of all products and services.
  • Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures to according to finance guidelines.
  • May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
  • Solid problem-solving skills for the purpose of determining and solving customer billing issues
  • Strong verbal skills and phone skills for the purpose of gathering data for problem-solving and for communicating results to customers.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 17

ok how many call/service centers are located out of the United States?
Message 3 of 17

having "chatted" with 4 different people who know English, but don't understand it at I don't know how many call centers I am so happy to find out that the first "rep" did not cancel or refund as promised, but in fact put in an order for an UPGRADE I did not authorize. The second "rep" after texting back and forth for 30 minutes, told me she would have her supervisor call me within 15-20 minutes.....45 minutes went by and I texted back and "Chatted" with yet 1 more Rep who did not have a clue. Later I tried to call customer service at 6pm, said it was open to 7pm local time-- CLOSED-- chatted with yet 1 more person who at least after 4 pages of printed chat reversed 1 charge i was complaining about and yet here I sit really quite unhappy with ATT and their serious LACK of customer service..... charges are now a car payment can't SPEAK to any one and am tired of dealing with call centers in asia, india, ...ATT has to be making a sinful amount of money charging what they do and out sourcing their jobs to other LOWER WAGE COUNTRIES who have great difficulty providing any kind of quality customer service....Time to explore alternative TV services
Message 4 of 17
Contributor

how many locations near decatur georiga for transferfrom miami florida

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Center near Decatur Ga, is Atlanta

Message 6 of 17

Glad you are 1 of a GROWING MINORITY of people that live in the US that have a job with att. The reason why I am so curious about this is because of all the problems I had recently dealing with the in India including putting a false upgrade order...I hope your job lasts forever and does not get outsourced. Good luck and thanks for the reply.
Message 7 of 17
Contributor

Customer Service is a nightmare.  I started Monday setting up new service for a lake house.  It is Friday and it is still not taken care of.  I have been on the phone off and on for at least 5 hours.  Just today(Friday) so far one hour and 25 minutes and still going.  I can hardly understand most of the numerous people I have talked to.

They have transferred me to about 20 different departments.  You offer so much money in gift cards free.  They are not free.  You are paying for patience to be able to get through the process!!!!

Message 8 of 17
Employee

ATT recently (March 2018) opened a new call center in Chicago... Believe will have 500+ employees.

https://youtu.be/ylkqIMjDXhg

https://youtu.be/YjJH-t-yYBU

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 17
Contributor

I just got a call from ATT wanting to save me money on my bill. Problem is, he sounded exactly like the overseas scammers. So, I hung up on him. Smiley Happy If he was a legitimate caller, ATT needs to do a better job of hiring people who speak understandable English!!

Message 10 of 17
Contributor

Can i get any kind of contact information for the call center you have in Lubbock TX.

Message 11 of 17

So the overseas call center people earn around $7/day. Most of them have college education since the job is some of the most highest paid and sought after. A vast majority don't own a tv either which makes it difficult to help trouble shoot any issues. They read from their scripts and do not deviate because they are afraid they will lose their job. Att is working with them but just be patient. I have had a lot of domestic operators be rude or curt with me and the same goes for the overseas operators. I have a easy time understanding them but I am pretty good with accents. Since its random when you call in for an operator here or abroad, the best time is early in the morning around 9 am local time to get a US representative but it's still random based on call volume. 

Message 12 of 17
Tutor

They have locations both in and out of United States.

Message 13 of 17
Contributor

What do you do if evertime you call they don’t speak English. We both spent whole conversation saying what and can you spell that. Guess they don’t have a customer service department in US so they should not be allowed to sell their service here. Should only be allowed in the countries they paying 7 dollars a day and let’s see how much they make then

Message 14 of 17
Associated Member

We are a global company and have locations all over the world. In addition, in the states we have employees from all over the world. In my location (Ohio) with have people from different African countries, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, in addition to multiple different states within the US. This is to say, that even if you are calling and get a center in the US you are still going to be getting people with accents and where English may not be their native language. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support