whoathisisatest's profile

Adventurer

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 5th, 2019 9:59 AM

Hi Everyone! Custom Glass Computer Build Question & Appreciation

Was wondering if anyone has ever found a direct way to purchase this case, and if you have, where!? It's amazing, and beautiful. RIG_BUILD_2018_NEW_IMG_4080284802

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Associated Member

• 

254 Messages

5 years ago

After some research, it looks like this particular case is a case mod project, and cannot be purchased.

However the case the mod is based on is 100% for sale! You're gonna be looking for the Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mid-Tower case. It's not exactly what your picture shows, but it'll get you close.

And if you're feeling crafty, you can try to create a case like this yourself, as @_xyzzy_ mentioned.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I doubt that case can be purchased.  What it looks like to me is someone used an off-the-shelf case and then cut (or had cut) a piece of half-inch thick acrylic to replace the large sides. Maybe did the same but with some stainless steel for the small sides too (or whatever metal that is).  How the etchings were done I am not sure.  If my theory is correct the half-inch thick acrylic alone probably cost more than the original case!

Tap Plastics is a great place to buy acrylic in varying thickness.  I bought some pieces over the years to, for example, add a shelf to my printer stand and a support for one of my tv's (did use half inch for that) so I could put one of my att receivers directly under the tv.  I have a a few Tap Plastic stores near me but you can also buy from their web site.  If you have the proper tools you can cut the stuff yourself or you can have them do it (extra charge).

20 days ago

Multitechelevator stands out with their reasonable elevator prices in Delhi. Elevate your home without breaking the bank!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.