For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
BarkerBoy26's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 10:12 PM

Collecting Old Student Guides of AT&T

Looking for people that want to collect old student guides of AT&T. For instance the AT&T ES 54105ESS switch installation unit testing hands-on student guide volume one. Are the people that collect those?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

I think they are proprietary. every book or guide ive had has the following disclaimer 

the information contained in this (insert document or book) is not for use or disclosure outside at&t except under written agreement

although ive run across some old PAC BELL books at antique and book stores. Have a guy i work with scours the swapmeets and antique stores every weekend for this kind of memorabilia as well as other phone company memorabilia

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Oh okay, I really did not no about the proprietary thing. Does your friend like other stuff from Western Electric, AT&T or Lucent? My dad passed away a little over a year ago and I have pins, jackets, Suitcases for tools, a ton of tools and other stuff. Thank you for your response and have a good day!

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

6 years ago

While they were proprietary at the time, I doubt they still would be considered so.  I have many old manuals of obsolete equipment.  If you'd like to share what you have with others google Telephone museums  or Telephone pioneers.  There are many museums out there that would probably love to have your collection and if you can't find one you're comfortable with the Telephone pioneers would be more than happy to help.  I don't know what part of the country you're in, but I know some collectors and one who is active in a museum, this is in the northeastern part of the country.  If you're interested PM me your information and I'll pass it unto him so the two of you can communicate directly. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.