_xyzzy_'s profile

Expert

• 

15K Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2017 6:36 PM

Duplicate posts in a thread - Why?

Does anyone else notice that in some threads some posts (not all) are listed twice as two distinct posts (post count goes up) in that thread? It's as if the Reply button was clicked twice but I don't think you can do that.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 years ago

@_xyzzy_don't know what to tell ya.  I looked at another that I know had 3 of the same post and now there's only the one. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Ok.   Then I'm at a loss to understand under what circumstances these dups occur or disappear.  I hope the ones I referenced still have their dups when (or is it if?) the maintainers of this problem look into it.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 years ago

The ones you referenced are still there. I just went through several topics from the past few days that I'd read and found no duplicates in any of them, however like you I had been seeing quite a few, of course I'm not positive of which exact ones. Except for the link I posted and the one that had 3 which I had noticed after your post and that why it caught my eye.  I could have easily copied the wrong link, but don't think I did and the one with 3 I'll keep search for just in case I wrote down the wrong topic. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I've seen a "triples" every now and then.  But they are more rare than the dups.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 years ago

Here's one with three

EDIT: After posting I checked the link to verify it's to the right topic and it is.  So if this one disappears at least I'll know I'm not totally nuts. Smiley Frustrated

Former Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hey there @_xyzzy_  and @spoom2- it's a glitch we think relating to replying via email.  It's being worked and should (hopefully) be fixed soon.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks @beckyww for the info.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I have another possible piece of info I just noticed about this doubling problem along with something concerning.

The possible info, or just another "data point" illustrating the problem is this thread.   It may indicate that the doubling is from specific users.  That thread has four duplicates (9/10, 12/13, 14/16, 18/19) all from the same poster, all starting at post 9.  I just thought I point that out.  That poster is the OP.

The concern is this thread I saw today.  Again a post from the OP's doubled up.  But in this case s/he supplied an email address, i.e. private info that needs to be edited out.  The moderator (@cathy2981) did edit out the second of the double post but missed the first (at least at the time I am posting this).  Not her fault for not noticing.  But the doubling problem does point out something other than just being a little annoying that I had not thought of before.

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

7 years ago

@_xyzzy_ wrote:

I have another possible piece of info I just noticed about this doubling problem along with something concerning.

The possible info, or just another "data point" illustrating the problem is this thread.   It may indicate that the doubling is from specific users.  That thread has four duplicates (9/10, 12/13, 14/16, 18/19) all from the same poster, all starting at post 9.  I just thought I point that out.  That poster is the OP.

The concern is this thread I saw today.  Again a post from the OP's doubled up.  But in this case s/he supplied an email address, i.e. private info that needs to be edited out.  The moderator (@cathy2981) did edit out the second of the double post but missed the first (at least at the time I am posting this).  Not her fault for not noticing.  But the doubling problem does point out something other than just being a little annoying that I had not thought of before.

Thanks for the additional info, @_xyzzy_. I went ahead and edited out the private info in the duplicated post. I was thinking about removing the dupe post overall, but decided to leave it for dev's research.

Thanks again!
Dave

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

I believe the duplicate posts appear when people reply to the forum via e-mail.

Sometimes 1, 2 or even 3 get posted...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.