1. @litzdog911, you joined the community in August, 2015. How did you choose your user name? And what brought you here?
“Litzdog911” is a user name that I’ve used for a long time, based on a nickname I had as a kid. The “911” part just makes it more unique. I’ve been a volunteer “TechKnow Guide” at the DirecTV support forum since it was created several years ago, and joined the AT&T Community after their DirecTV acquisition.
2. Which are your favorite types of questions to answer? Technical questions. I enjoy keeping up-to-date on the latest DirecTV satellite and equipment technologies, helping other customers get the most from their equipment and possibly saving them the hassle of a service visit.
3. What advice would you give to someone new to the community? If you’re here because you have a problem, take advantage of this site’s excellent Search features to help you find existing solutions to your question. If you want to help answer other customers’ questions, please don’t be shy!
4. What do you do when you're not hanging out in the community? My day job is Product Marketing Manager for a leading test and measurement company. Our products are used to help design, test and manufacture many of the wireless communication devices we all use every day. You’ll also find me volunteering in a variety of capacities with our local United Way, and with my therapy dog (Callie) at local schools, hospitals and nursing homes. Of course I also enjoy spending time with my family.
5. What are you famous for? Gee, that’s a tough one. I’ve won a few awards thanks to my volunteer activities. And my kids think I’m a pretty great dad!
6. What's the one feature that you wish DIRECTV had? It would be great if we could migrate recordings from an old DVR to a new DVR. DirecTV would sell more upgrades if we could do that. It’s a feature that many of us have been requesting for years.
7. When you grow up, you want to be a......? I’m getting close to retiring, so I’m already pretty grown up. As they say, “you’re only young once, but you can be immature forever!” Let’s just say that after I retire I want to be able to spend lots of time volunteering around our community, ideally with my therapy dog. And maybe we’ll have some grandchildren to spoil by then.